Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active or Dormant Account - Can't Remember Account Number

Options
  • 19-11-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

I have been living overseas for the last few years and in that time haven't used my Bank of Ireland Account. Shortly, I will be moving back to Ireland and want to start using the account again. My parents went to the branch earlier today but without the account number, the staff were unable to trace my account.

Could I please be put in touch with somebody that would be able to trace my account/account number and let me know as to whether or not the account is still active or not, and if not, as to how I can go about re-activating it.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Generally, if an account has not been used frequently it can automatically go in to a dormant/inactive state. If this has been the case for yourself, it would be necessary to call in to your local branch with photo ID on your return, to have this account activated once again.

Please be assured, if you are unaware of  your account number, one of my colleagues in the branch will have the ability to search for your account while you are there.

You can also link in with our Customer Service Team by phone on 00353 1 404 4000, one of my colleagues should be able to locate your account over the phone and advise you of the best options that would follow.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement