Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any science clubs or activities I could volunteer in?

Options
  • 19-11-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm a recent graduate who just finished an internship and I am looking for something to keep me busy while looking for work in the scientific field. I am not looking for a "gap" job as most recent graduates do but I am interested to take part in any science-based extracurricular activity or hobby because I am taking it fairly easy for now after long stressful years. Are there any scientific clubs? I took part in the Science Festival but only attended in one or two events.

Also, does IGem in UCC allow graduates to participate?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am looking for more biology or chemistry but I am open with doing physics. Though yeah, Blackrock observatory would interest me since I love astronomy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Blackrock observatory?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What area of science?

I'm in the IT field, and there are frequent and interesting meetups. (see the Meetup app). Perhaps there are science based ones as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 whattahatta

I am looking to volunteer in chemistry or biology based activities, though I am open to volunteering in Blackrock Observatory since I like astronomy.

I am not keen on IT i"m afraid. I just don't have a knack for it.

Advertisement