Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solar panels

Options
  • 20-11-2019 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

So we signed up for solar panels with a very reputable firm. The roof was looked at briefly by the salesperson. We paid the standard deposit by cheque. The firm sent out a surveyor to check the roof and it was declared completely.unsuitable .We contacted the firm and were told we would receive our deposit money back. The response was very pleasant.But I am beginning to get a bit concerned .Should I be worried. I want to act on this quickly in case there may be a problem. Grateful for any advice.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Garibaldi? wrote: »
    So we signed up for solar panels with a very reputable firm. The roof was looked at briefly by the salesperson. We paid the standard deposit by cheque. The firm sent out a surveyor to check the roof and it was declared completely.unsuitable .We contacted the firm and were told we would receive our deposit money back. The response was very pleasant.But I am beginning to get a bit concerned .Should I be worried. I want to act on this quickly in case there may be a problem. Grateful for any advice.:(

What problem? They told you the roof is unsuitable and you will get a refund, by a reputable firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How long has it been since they said you were getting your deposit back?

It can take up to 10 working days for refunds to go back to your accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I presume the OP is worried about the actual roof? If that’s it OP just because it’s not suitable for the installation that doesn’t mean it’s about to fall down. If I’ve taken it wrong then just ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Garibaldi? wrote: »
    salmocab wrote: »
    I presume the OP is worried about the actual roof? If that’s it OP just because it’s not suitable for the installation that doesn’t mean it’s about to fall down. If I’ve taken it wrong then just ignore me.

If you are worried about why they said the roof is unsuitable contact the company, if you are worried about getting your money back contact the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd imagine the OP is concerned about getting their money back and not by the roof being unsuitable.

The roof could be unsuitable for any number of reasons, like facing the wrong direction, pitched too shallow/steep, type of covering etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

I was told that the money would be put in my account last Friday. I just contacted them to check. I was told that it had not been put in because my bank details were with another person, and to submit them again.Which I did by email. Just feeling uneasy about the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Thanks very much to all who replied. That was resolved ad the deposit returned.

Advertisement