Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone (DSL Bonding)

• 20-11-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

So my vodafone bb connection is out of contract for 4 months. I spotted a new offer for £13 a month less for existing customers, had to put in my landline number and everything to confirm eligibility etc and all good.

It goes live 27th Nov...but just checked and it was not replacing my old connection, it was an "additional" connection according to VF. I only have one phone line in my house and they confirmed what I was getting was 2 BB slots allocated as ordered...Now I had never heard of DSL bonding, and when I look it up I cant see anywhere that this is even something Vodafone offer.

Bottom line is I had to cancel my existing line (Dec 13th effective date) and pay for 2 connections for the interim.

Firstly this all sounds like boll**, Im a residential customer and would have expected a new connection on my existing contract to overide my old one.

Secondly if they are telling the truth, would I not need a special router and technician to do something?

Welcome the advice of anyone familiar with the above

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I can't help unfortunately but it looks like a looming nightmare tbh. Going by what I see on this and other forums I know who I'm definitely not going with when siro goes live, I wish you luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Bonding would require 2 (or more) lines and a specific modem, to combine the two, yes.

OpenEIR does not support MPPP, so the providers that do it, need to build a special setup.

The only provider that actually offers VDSL bonding at the moment, that I am aware of, is Airwire. And they only offer it as a business product.

So what you describe above sounds like a whole lot of sales fluff.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I thought that was the case alright....the guy tried to tell me that he had 2 or maybe even 3 bb connections coming into his house as it meant he had full speed everywhere there....I mean seriously....but what can you do...The router arrived today and its definitely not a special router.

:)

So tldr is I had no internet for last 2 weeks, have been billed twice for December's internet and took numerous phone calls to get out back on last night.

Finally back where I started....yay????

Oh and they don't offer consumer (or any) dsl bonding and are investigating the supervisor that told me otherwise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just so you aware these guys do bonding:

https://www.netcelero.com/

Works too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Headshot wrote: »
    Just so you aware these guys do bonding:

https://www.netcelero.com/

Works too :)

You won't be getting that for fifty yo-yos a month:D

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

We also offer VDSL bonding, but it's a business product.

Pricing would be 65 EUR/month per line and the installation fee depends on the amount of lines and equipment needed.

As OpenEIR don't support multilink PPP on their platform, it's not an easy product to implement. And it very much depends on how many paths are available to a premise.

Thanks for the answers, but I was not looking for bonded dsl. It was merely a lie told to me by a supervisor VF to defend why they were charging me for 2 dsl lines on my one phone line. All sorted now finally...

Advertisement