Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Coal In Cork City And Surrounds?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

OP, please reconsider your decision.
    The air quality is poor in this city and it does affect people's health. You might know someone who suffers from asthma, respiratory disease, or someone who is immune suppressed due to old age, cancer, lupus, Down syndrome or medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

So you acknowledge the ban and flout it anyway?
    Says a lot more about you than your perceived notion of smugness on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I've been asked at coal yards in the city do I want "country coal ”, ie smokey coal ,
    The stuff I'm burning at the moment is smokeless ,but its just regular lump coal ,not nuggets ,

I'm don't know why the importation of smokey coal isn't just banned outright ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

OP, please reconsider your decision.
    The air quality is poor in this city and it does affect people's health. You might know someone who suffers from asthma, respiratory disease, or someone who is immune suppressed due to old age, cancer, lupus, Down syndrome or medication.

Given the poster has shown no regard for their fellow neighbour, openly flaunts the law, I think post #23 sums him/her up quite well. A degree and post-grad maybe, but a wasted education at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gautama wrote: »
    I remember spending a day in Dublin in 1988, and coming home with my clothes and nostril hairs blackened by the smog.
    Cork City has never been like this.

I lived in Dublin and in Cork in the 80s.
    Cork, in certain conditions, was just as bad as Dublin.
    I can still smell the smokey coal in the city on cold, still nights, caused by inconsiderate arseholes flouting the ban.

• Advertisement
Advertisement