Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 bundle for Christmas for the kids.

• 20-11-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

So 2 of my kids will be getting a PS4 from Santa this year, but my gaming days are long behind me and so am a bit behind the curve with it all.

Originally I was thinking of getting a VR bundle for them, but have since been reading about their age, and how VR Can potentially interfere with their eyesight development etc.

So I have decided against the vr aspect, but instead will be getting them a console with a few games instead.

What I'm hoping to get here is some advice on what games to go for, what equipment I'll be needing, best prices etc.

So he's almost 10, the girls almost 8.

I'm looking to get console (500gb will be plenty for them)
    2 X controllers
    Thinking there's a dance game, which I understand will need special move controllers (and a camera?)

I'd also welcome any other suggestions on what games people would recommend for their age group etc, my plan is to have them playing light hearted platform games/party games that can be played either competitively against each other, or as a team.

Had a look at all the usual sites (Smyth's/Amazon etc) but the bundles all seem to have games that wouldn't suit them.

All help and advice would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a PS4 CTR (Crash Team Racing) Bundle. It's a good kid friendly game and has the benefit of being able to play in 2 player split screen. The Crash Bandicoot Trilogy/Spyro Trilogy are good pick ups for them as well.

There's also a fortnite bundle, but fortnite is free anyway and will depend on if you want them playing an online game.

You can buy Minecraft online for them or possibly as a code. Can't go wrong with the Lego games either. Rocket League is another good shout for online games as it can be played in split screen online so both can play together.

Advertisement