Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Fine

Options
  • 20-11-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Got a fined 40 Euros for parking on River Lane, was there 10 mins max while I was checking in to Imperial. Moved it straight away after check in lady told me where parking was, pathetic way for council welcome visitors to Dundalk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Ah yes, because traffic wardens should only ticket locals who don't pay for parking. Did you put your tourist hazard lights on?

River Lane is double yellows as well, but I think you mean Rampart Lane which has parking spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find Dundalk similar to all other towns in the country; where there are parking restrictions and a failure to adhere to them leads to a fine. Strange the consistency in this regard around the country, even in places like Limerick you'll get ticketed without the traffic warden enquiring if you are a visitor or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sanjose1

Nope, River Lane is what ticket says and wasnt double yellow. Awfully ugly town that I dont fancy visiting again anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sanjose1 wrote: »
    Nope, River Lane is what ticket says and wasnt double yellow. Awfully ugly town that I dont fancy visiting again anyway

So what specific offence is on the ticket?

Without getting all high horsey about it, if you contravened parking conditions in some way you're fair game for a ticket I'm afraid. Warden wasn't to know you were "only gone for 10 mins to check in ".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I would say you were specifically targeted as your radiant good lucks & happy demeanor where in danger of brightening up our ugly town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Got a fined 40 Euros for parking on River Lane, was there 10 mins max while I was checking in to Imperial. Moved it straight away after check in lady told me where parking was, pathetic way for council welcome visitors to Dundalk

Is there a point here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

If you had called in to the library you would have gotten your 'out of towner' permit. Problem solved.

pathetic way for council welcome visitors to Dundalk

Traffic wardens up this neck of the woods aren't allowed to fine locals, tradesmen, off-duty Gardai, priests or members of the IRA. I think Louth County Council policy dictates they can only fine tourists, visitors, guests and Frank Godfrey.

Although at a recent meeting they did pass a bye-law allowing wardens to clamp and break the windows on cars of members of the public who complain about, or to, the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Oh well, more space for me to park my car so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I think Dundalk and its people will be dissapointed you wont be returning.

Dundalk's streets are currently under construction as are your own city of limerick and by the same company.
    Can you inform us, what you found awfully ugly about Irelands largest town?
    Maybe the fact you parked illegally set the tone for you, and helped you dislike a town that in my estimation is one of the easiest towns to navigate on foot and barely a hill to be met.
    On my latest visit to Limerick I got abused for wearing a Leinster top into a certain city centre pub but it wouldnt put me off Limerick or its people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Maars barrr, cuuurly wuuurrllley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Maars barrr, cuuurly wuuurrllley

That’s drawda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Only ugly thing about town lately is all these tourists from outta town coming parking wherever they like

Advertisement