Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion detector Interlogix RF42514 battery replacement

• 20-11-2019 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm getting low battery alarm on a motion detector, its a old phonewatch system (2007).
    I cant seem to be able to open the unit to access the battery.
    There is a small cover on the front top, which doesnt reveal much.
    There seems to be an area to press on the top, but because I cant see it, I dont want to force it.
    I thought youtube would have helped, but I cant find anything.

Thanks

Edit: Typically after posting this, I went at it again and got it.
    For anyone reading this in the future, it needs a flat head screwdriver to release the front cover, preferably coming in from the back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Just my two cents, for motion detector RF41512, remove cover at top of unit, slides off upwards, using a flathead, pop it into hole at top of unit, prise it down to pop cover forward, (hinge at bottom) to expose battery, have unit in test mode, to stop alerts and replace battery, and continue testing...

Advertisement