Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network security Alarms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gygabyte

altor wrote: »
    A dog jumping against a window or door would set off a sensor.
    The sensors need to be calibrated if to sensitive.

thanks altor. A dog jumping against a door/window I can understand, but in this case it is just barking... the closest shock sensor sometimes it shows color orange (which I read somewhere it indicates over sensitive) and if the dog barks really in high pitch (small terrier dog :D ) the shock show green and the control panel indicates not ready: just set it off.......

the installer said he will look at it, but I will have to ask for the 17 shocks sensor to be calibrated....
    even if just hit a softish knock on the frame it just goes orange... are these risco shock/contact sensor a pain to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭altor

gygabyte wrote: »
    thanks altor. A dog jumping against a door/window I can understand, but in this case it is just barking... the closest shock sensor sometimes it shows color orange (which I read somewhere it indicates over sensitive) and if the dog barks really in high pitch (small terrier dog :D ) the shock show green and the control panel indicates not ready: just set it off.......

the installer said he will look at it, but I will have to ask for the 17 shocks sensor to be calibrated....
    even if just hit a softish knock on the frame it just goes orange... are these risco shock/contact sensor a pain to deal with?

Once calibrated no, they use a digital microprocessor to analyze the vibration from the piezo sensor.
    This should of been tested on the day of installation to make sure they are not to sensitive.

Once calibrated no, they use a digital microprocessor to analyze the vibration from the piezo sensor.
    This should of been tested on the day of installation to make sure they are not to sensitive.

Thanks. So there are firmware parameters that can be customised?

He mentioned that the only thing he could do was a some tweak on the sensor itself... but if it has a microprocessor usually there are algorithm parameters that can be adjusted ie, configured on the Risco management tool?

Thanks. So there are firmware parameters that can be customised?

He mentioned that the only thing he could do was a some tweak on the sensor itself... but if it has a microprocessor usually there are algorithm parameters that can be adjusted ie, configured on the Risco management tool?

Yes the sensors can be calibrated which should make them less sensitive.

Yes the sensors can be calibrated which should make them less sensitive.

He checked on the system remotely and put the sensors that went off in soak mode to see how they behave... saying this is usually how these things are treated... hopefully he is serious in resolving the problem...

• Advertisement

He checked on the system remotely and put the sensors that went off in soak mode to see how they behave... saying this is usually how these things are treated... hopefully he is serious in resolving the problem...

That should not be done imo.
    Soak test means when you set the system if the zone activates it will log the event but not trigger the alarm system.
    Did they give a reason for not calling out to calibrate the sensors correctly?

That should not be done imo.
    Soak test means when you set the system if the zone activates it will log the event but not trigger the alarm system.
    Did they give a reason for not calling out to calibrate the sensors correctly?

I am aware of that and he said it would only be for a few days.
    He has told me that most likely the false alarms are due to the storm conditions so not sure if he is trying to rule out something else.

I am aware of that and he said it would only be for a few days.
    He has told me that most likely the false alarms are due to the storm conditions so not sure if he is trying to rule out something else.

Yes, false alarms can be caused by strong wind.
    I thought you said the dog was setting it off by barking as well.
    Not investigating by means of calling out and testing the sensitivity of the sensors is not great imo.

Yes, false alarms can be caused by strong wind.
    I thought you said the dog was setting it off by barking as well.
    Not investigating by means of calling out and testing the sensitivity of the sensors is not great imo.

The alarm was not set but noticed when my dog barks loud the sensor in the front door goes green and the not ready light on the panel switches off. Am I correct to assume it would have set the alarm off if on? Maybe I’m wrong.

Do you know if the ones that are in soak would still show up on the Risco app if they go off even without setting off the alarm?

So far the installer has been forthcoming on resolving the small issues. There was a connectivity issue with GSM where images were not going up and he put an IP card but my WiFi was not great on that spot. I’m a software engineer and I know my networking pretty well so I could make it work by moving a powerline extender closer but it took some trial and error and time. He spent the time that was required until I was happy.

So I can understand that he might be just doing what he can in between jobs, hope that’s all it is. I have already pointed out that I’m not ok with this going off with storms period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 audreyleblanc

Never a time i sat to really think that internet could be this so much corrupt whereby now end their living simply by taking away my hard earn money, was just only trying to invest into crypto-currency since i noticed that bitcoin keep going up but all this fake broker’s online of whom i actually became one of their victim messed up my life and it was nothing else but full of laughter and ****, they made me monster my hard earn money and even when i tried a recovery agent she did the same until a friend who was an old school friend from Canada Ontario referred me to hackerspytech at gmail com who has also helped him in the past and i reached him on email above he respond so quick and i explained to him in detailed and he actually got my funds all together a total sum of $78,290.00 USD back to my bitcoin wallet which i gave to him. I’m grateful that despite the internet being, good people who have been destined are still out there to help such as hacker for hire service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭zg3409

The "not ready" light may changed by movement sensors as in motion may prevent alarm from setting, it may not be dog barking.

Shock sensors can give false alarms in extreme weather, fireworks, busses or lories driving past, but as said the sensitivity can be reduced. In an ideal world you have an opening sensor on every window and very few shock sensors. Ideally you have new strong windows and the sensor mounted to a stable part of the window.

In terms of deals, many suppliers try lock you into monthly fees, high annual visit costs, don't give you engineer code, lock you into specific brand. Many set panels to recommend a service and some can prevent arming if not serviced by someone with correct engineer code, so your alarm "breaks" after a preset period and says call installer. Some install terribly low quality hardware and don't fit sensors to windows.

Typically I would recommend hkc as they are Irish and we'll known and supported by lots of installers. They do have lock in options for installers and installers can get kick backs on your monitoring fee forever and they can set the amount of mark up they get per month.

It's important you have trust in your alarm reliability and use it as much as possible such as every day and every night. Sometimes an app based CCTV can help with false alarms as you can check if anyone on site with less hassle.

Don't trust sales or installers, they can promise the world even in writing but when it comes to it they may want hundreds to change engineer code or the hardware may require new hardware to switch monitoring.

Advertisement