Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Incompetence! Advice needed

Options
  • 20-11-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Ok maybe someone on here might be able to advise me on what to do next.

I am on a Sim only plan with Eir and most recently I have tried to port to GoMo and Eir somehow blocked the port request, so thinking it was an issue with GoMo, I then proceeded to join Virgin Media, and after two days of trying to port over to Virgin Media, I was informed by VM that EIR is blocking the port request.

So after numerous calls because their customer care team answer the call and hang up immediately, I eventually got through to an agent. To be fair he tried to help me, he said they could see no issues their end as to why they would block the request. My account balance is €0 as I am up to date on bill payments and I am not in a contract. He had no answer to give me. I suggested if I move to PAYG with EIR that might solve the issue and then I could port to Virgin Media as I don't want to lose my number.

So I then visit a local EIR store, tell them my situation and they set me up with a PAYG sim and arrange to have my number moved to that PAYG sim. The laugh of it is, I had to pay €10.00 to activate the sim. I was annoyed but so desperate to leave EIR, I paid it reluctantly. He told me my current sim would stop working and then my number would start working on the new PAYG sim. Hours have now passed and surprise surprise, it hasn't worked. Not alone can they not port my number to a new network, they can't even move my account to a PAYG account. I'm at a complete loss as I don't know what else to do, and they're so incompetent themselves that they don't know what to do even though it's their own network.

What can I do next?
    Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Maybe talk with comreg and then they might listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Lodge a complaint with Eir and go to Comreg.

Advertisement