Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling commute lucan to parkwest

Options
  • 21-11-2019 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi All.

Just wondering if the canal path will bring me to parkwest from griffeen side of Lucan area. where do i come off the canal and is it straightforward rest of way.

Work has moved to parkwest so considering best commute options without putting another car on the road as wife uses it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

I'd cycle on Thomas Omar Way down to the Waterside and jump on the canal there.

This time of the year the canal should be ok but during the summer I'd probably go on the New Nangor Road instead of the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

There is a long thread on the anti social behaviour on the Grand canal you can find.

I generally find it's only during the warm days and from mid morning onwards - rarely see an issue outside of summer.

You can try the canal from near Grangecastle straight down to Parkwest - not a huge amount of difference in the distance going the New Nangor rd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

niallo32 wrote: »
    There is a long thread on the anti social behaviour on the Grand canal you can find.

I generally find it's only during the warm days and from mid morning onwards - rarely see an issue outside of summer.

You can try the canal from near Grangecastle straight down to Parkwest - not a huge amount of difference in the distance going the New Nangor rd though.

Yes I have ran into the city centre from grange castle. Where do you come off the canal path for Parkwest business park?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Yes I have ran into the city centre from grange castle. Where do you come off the canal path for Parkwest business park?

There is an exit/entry there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

There's an exit at Parkwest - it's the next one after the Waterside when heading City bound.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Where do you come off the canal path for Parkwest business park?
    There are two exits allowing you to come off the canal at Fox and Geese entrance to PW (the two allow you to choose which side of the road to come out on).
    It's very straight forward - when cycling along the canal, you go past the M50 and it's the next exit (you'll see the building with Park West written on it as you approach the exit)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

There are two exits allowing you to come off the canal at Fox and Geese entrance to PW (the two allow you to choose which side of the road to come out on).
    It's very straight forward - when cycling along the canal, you go past the M50 and it's the next exit (you'll see the building with Park West written on it as you approach the exit)

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Access to Park west is very easy from the canal, I'm very envious of a colleage who lives in Lucan and cycles less that 1km on shared roads between his house and the office in Park west! As mentioned depending on where in the the park you are there are two entrances/exits first at the Workhuman/Park West building and the next at the Kylmore road.

Lucan to Parkwest

Advertisement