Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 arena Block M or A? (Sigrid) quick help please

Options
  • 21-11-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

hi all

im going to bring my daughter to Sigrid
    Ive to choose between block A (lower tier way out to side, upper rows)
    or Block M upper tier but more central
    (in the lower rows, not touching the roof!)

any advice

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Everyone's opinion will differ on this, and the quality of seats in the side blocks can also depend on who the act is and if they have big screens at the back of the stage.
    I get the impression Sigrid doesn't have a big stage production, but I could be wrong.
    Personally, unless your Block A seats are right in at the wall, I'd opt for those over Block M. The angle will be more acute, but you're going to be considerably nearer because of the arc of the balcony. Even Row 30 in Row A is considerably closer to the stage than, say, Row 35 in Block M.
    I tried there as an experiment and was offered Block A, Row 29, Seats 10 and 11, which I'd regard as pretty good as a last minute purchase. But, as I say, it can depend on the show.
    If she does have big screens, you shouldn't have a restricted view from there, though.
    That's just my $0.02.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

thanks , went for Block A Row 30 one row back but further out right than the row 29 seats, cheers

one more thing

can i just walk downstairs to the ground floor standing area?

I might go down for a while with my daughter
    to give her the better vibe of standing, she can dance around for a bit

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

sugarman wrote: »
    Nope, you'll only be able to enter at your own seated area entrance. Otherwise everyone would be at it and there would be no crowd control.

Block A and standing are through the same entrance so you might get lucky
    after "going out for a drink/toilet" and walking back in.
    Just say my dad has the ticket and he's in standing, my kids have done it but it doesn't work all the time.
    Wouldn't do it early though as they are strict enough going in first.

thanks

i remember some guy on here before saying it was easy
    but cant remember his trick

couldnt i just say we are going to the bar or merch stand
    and just stay down there
    I assume there is no merch stand upstairs?
    I always do standing gigs, ever been in the seats

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

thanks

i remember some guy on here before saying it was easy
    but cant remember his trick

couldnt i just say we are going to the bar or merch stand
    and just stay down there
    I assume there is no merch stand upstairs?
    I always do standing gigs, ever been in the seats

cheers

You could but you would need to go out and back in.
    There are always people standing at the back of the standing area/front of the seats anyway later on.
    Would always depend on what way they have the entrance to the standing area cordoned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There are merchandise stands upstairs, though they often don't have as much range as the main one on the ground floor.
    You could say you insist on going downstairs to buy the Falling Head Over Heels socks.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

There are merchandise stands upstairs, though they often don't have as much range as the main one on the ground floor.
    You could say you insist on going downstairs to buy the Falling Head Over Heels socks.

head over heel socks!? had to look them up, you know your stuff!!

i also heard there is only an ATM downstairs so thats a method
    Also "Im going for a smoke" is a valid one

Advertisement