Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend someone to do a basic planning app in North Dublin!

Options
  • 21-11-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to do a planning app for a small single story extension to the back - only 9 sqm. Usually something like this wouldn't require such planning but our estate has some planning condition meaning that any developments at all have to have permission.

As an aside - anyone else having such a planning condition attached to their estate?

Anyway - anyone know of anyone who doesn't charge a whole lot to put in a very straightforward planning application? We're North Dublin based.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

More and more new estates are getting this condition. It basically de-exempts the exemptions. I recently got it in SDCC while applying for a one off dwelling in an urban setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

kceire wrote: »
    More and more new estates are getting this condition. It basically de-exempts the exemptions. I recently got it in SDCC while applying for a one off dwelling in an urban setting.

Never heard of this before. Not sure I agree with it. It it just extensions or does it include all exemptions? eg do you've to get planning to change windows now?

At OP - Anyone can submit a planning application. If it's that small and straight forward you could potentially get an architectural student in UCD or Grangegorman to do it. Great learning experience for them and you'd get it super cheap. Ye both win.
    I remember doing one for a front porch while studying, again straight forward application but was slightly over the exempted area so needed planning. I think I only charged €100 about 10 years ago and was delighted with the drinking money! I got the job through my lecturer as it was to small a job for him.
    If going this route ask one of the younger part time lecturers (they know and interact with the students more than full time staff) to suggest someone.

Otherwise get a cheap engineer. An architect could be overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Dudda wrote: »
    Never heard of this before. Not sure I agree with it. It it just extensions or does it include all exemptions? eg do you've to get planning to change windows now?

At OP - Anyone can submit a planning application. If it's that small and straight forward you could potentially get an architectural student in UCD or Grangegorman to do it. Great learning experience for them and you'd get it super cheap. Ye both win.
    I remember doing one for a front porch while studying, again straight forward application but was slightly over the exempted area so needed planning. I think I only charged €100 about 10 years ago and was delighted with the drinking money! I got the job through my lecturer as it was to small a job for him.
    If going this route ask one of the younger part time lecturers (they know and interact with the students more than full time staff) to suggest someone.

Great idea. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dudda wrote: »

Changing windows would never have required planning unless a protected structure or if there was a specific condition of the planning that required a specific style of window for that area.

Could be a good shout with the student. The biggest hurdle with planning is getting the admin correct, wording across all mediums, scales across all 6 copies as most people try to print one and photocopy the rest :)

Advertisement