Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal County Council - maps of drains and manhole covers

Options
  • 21-11-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how or where to get detailed maps/schematics of drains and manhole covers in your estate? Specifically an estate in Fingal.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Water department may give you the layout.
    We used to get them from DCC on request.

They will be indicative and may only
    Include the approximate route of the pipe, size of the pipe and the cover and invert levels of the manholes.

They would not be considered schematic or accurate technical drawings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kceire wrote: »
    Water department may give you the layout.
    We used to get them from DCC on request.

They will be indicative and may only
    Include the approximate route of the pipe, size of the pipe and the cover and invert levels of the manholes.

They would not be considered schematic or accurate technical drawings.

so where planning applications are made - how do they measure proximity to drains/pipes etc?

lawred2 wrote: »
    so where planning applications are made - how do they measure proximity to drains/pipes etc?

The maps only have the public system on them. So if there’s a pipe in your land, it’s Up to you to find and plot it. Unless it’s a public pipe then there’s a way leave.

The maps only have the public system on them. So if there’s a pipe in tour land, it’s Up to you to find and plot it. Unless it’s a public oriole then there’s a way leave.

what's an oriole? :o

lawred2 wrote: »
    what's an oriole? :o

Fat fingers on iPhone. Fixed now :)

• Advertisement

Fat fingers on iPhone. Fixed now :)

lol

I actually googled oriole drains and got back info about the drains in some place in Florida :D

Have you gotten any quotes yet to carry out the planning?
    There’s a similar thread when the poster was quoted €3k but that was for an extension and attic conversion for planning.

Have you gotten any quotes yet to carry out the planning?
    There’s a similar thread when the poster was quoted €3k but that was for an extension and attic conversion for planning.

nothing yet

€3k can get f**ked - If that's what I'm getting quoted - I'll simply have a lash at it myself.

House a couple of doors down got permission for a very similar sized extension - I'd use that as a template

Advertisement