Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Cybertruck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

traco wrote: »
    If its over 3500kg and C1 then won't it need a tacho fitted or is that only applicable to commercial use?

Only for commercial use. Not required if privately owned.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

in case anyone was interested
    they removed cybertruck details from irish version of the website.
    looks like if you are getting this, it will be an import.... most likely from US.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wouldn't be too concerned about that, stuff pops on and off their website the whole time

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The link is still in the sidebar, just not at the top of the page.
    https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/cybertruck

If we don't get the same version as the US do, I wont be taking delivery. Not interested in an EU compliance box.
    I can't even import a used one from the US as the charge port is different (Tesla US vs Type2 CCS)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ELM327 wrote: »
    The link is still in the sidebar, just not at the top of the page.
    https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/cybertruck

If we don't get the same version as the US do, I wont be taking delivery. Not interested in an EU compliance box.
    I can't even import a used one from the US as the charge port is different (Tesla US vs Type2 CCS)

It won't get certification in Europe as is and would requiry a heavy re-design, meaning likely a substantially different design. https://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/tesla-cybertruck-bekaeme-in-europa-keine-zulassung-a-1301086.html

It's less pedestrian friendly than a bull bar and about on par with a sharp knife.

Trucks >3500kg GVWR are not subject to the same restrictions as passenger cars. If it is licensed here (eu) as a commercial vehicle it has a chance.

The irony is, if it is not approved here, I can still import a used one!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Trucks >3500kg GVWR are not subject to the same restrictions as passenger cars. If it is licensed here (eu) as a commercial vehicle it has a chance.

>3500 would need a c1 licence?

graememk wrote: »
    >3500 would need a c1 licence?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well then the Government need to sort that don't they. Can't have that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

And there will be RHD ones ... cause you can be sure, that the Aussies want themselves this new UTE.

/M

AMKC wrote: »
    Well then the Government need to sort that don't they. Can't have that.
    We can always import stuff if its preregistered somewhere else.
    Thats how you see dodge rams etc here. Ive had a few myself
    Marlow wrote: »
    And there will be RHD ones ... cause you can be sure, that the Aussies want themselves this new UTE.

/M

Hopefully. But would be more expensive to import from aussieland (although they may have type2 CCS standard there?

Hopefully. But would be more expensive to import from aussieland (although they may have type2 CCS standard there?

Australia would not be the only RHD place. It's just the biggest RHD market. Seeing, that the UK now isn't EU anymore, they might even just go and and approve it for their market. :) So we may be able to get them closer to home.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

We can always import stuff if its preregistered somewhere else.
    Thats how you see dodge rams etc here. Ive had a few myself

Ye I have seen the odd one. Huge machine and looks out of place on our roads really.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

/M

The Ausies won't be approving this in it's current guise, any more than the Germans will: https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/motoring-news/new-tesla-cybertruck-could-put-other-road-users-at-risk/news-story/da648cad43ef731ae5dbb45632a6ed41

Australia would not be the only RHD place. It's just the biggest RHD market. Seeing, that the UK now isn't EU anymore, they might even just go and and approve it for their market. :) So we may be able to get them closer to home.

/M

If they have them in the UK and not here then I'd happily pay the VAT etc to import!

If they have them in the UK and not here then I'd happily pay the VAT etc to import!

Same here.

/M

LOL, just imagine stepping out of that chap at the local Tesco

slave1 wrote: »
    I can't wait. Use to love taking my lifted F250 to the shops for a pint of milk. #compensatin'
    Did not love spending >€200 to fill the two derv tanks with road diesel though!

slave1 wrote: »

Trust me .. it'll be no different than my VW LT40 4x4 camper, which I for years drove as a daily both for work, camping and the daily shopping run.

That's a 4t rated offroad van. And it's over 6ft wide.

These days it's mostly a fully overland fitted Disco 3 and the LT gets only used for camping.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not unless you can order it with an internal combustion engine :pac:

Aussies are a few decades behind the civilised world when it comes to renewables...

Coal continent. I know. But if any Tesla could make it, it's the Cybertruck.

/M

unkel wrote: »
    Not unless you can order it with an internal combustion engine :pac:

Aussies are a few decades behind the civilised world when it comes to renewables...
    In 1953, SW Hart and Co., a pioneering plumbing company based in Perth, decided that the sun was the best energy source to heat water in Western Australian homes. As a result, solar hot water in Australia was born and Solahart geared up for expansion. Since then we’ve built a reputation as a world leader in solar innovation and technology and invested millions of dollars into R&D and manufacturing. We’ve also installed over one million systems in over 70 countries around the world. We’re at Everest Base Camp and Antarctica. Even Nelson Mandela’s South African home had a Solahart system installed on the roof.

Way behind. So behind I well remember my parents installing a solar hot water heater in the early 70's. It was a Solahart.
    Solar cars

A year later, in 1983, the worldwide production of photovoltaic modules exceeded 21.3 MW peak power, with product value of US$ 250 million. A Solar Trek vehicle with a 1 kW photovoltaic system drove 4,000 km in the twenty days of the Australia Race.
    Laggards! Ireland is well known for developing a solar powered car in 1763.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Blinding reflection of that thing when the suns out

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cnocbui wrote: »
    Way behind. So behind I well remember my parents installing a solar hot water heater in the early 70's.

Your parents were way ahead of their time so!

Australia as a country has far less renewables than the EU (despite their magnificent solar resource) and burns far more coal for electricity generation

Many years behind as I said...

unkel wrote: »
    Your parents were way ahead of their time so!

Australia as a country has far less renewables than the EU (despite their magnificent solar resource) and burns far more coal for electricity generation

Many years behind as I said...

All likely to change very soon, with plans to generate vast quantities of liquid hydrogen from solar which the Germans are positively salivating at the thought of being exported to them. Also there's plans to supply many GWHs to Singapore and asia via cable and export Hydrogen to the region.

You wouldn't like what Twiggie, one of the proponents of these massive schemes, said about Musk, regarding Tesla. ;)

I don't care about the coal, because as you know, I'm very sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A video taken from a display at a showroom

• Registered Users Posts: 23,534 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭cannco253

Advertisement