Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Cybertruck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Chevy really does look like Canyonero on steroids or the Homer Simpson car after a crash through Halfords. Actually it's funny how much better the Tesla looks. Give it a few days to sink in folks. After the initial WTF moment this morning the Cybertruck looks better and better all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

samih wrote: »
    Chevy really does look like Canyonero on steroids or the Homer Simpson car after a crash through Halfords. Actually it's funny how much better the Tesla looks. Give it a few days to sink in folks. After the initial WTF moment this morning the Cybertruck looks better and better all the time.

I agree,
    I have it as my laptop background in work since this morning and it's grown on me enough to reserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

I absolutely love it, in 3-4 years time most of the new cars will be autonomous with human interaction optional - this will of course affect styling... just look at the styling elements of electrics vs ICE today.
    I'm not sure if tesla got the "actual" design correct... but I am positive they are absolutely correct that there is a massive shift in car design coming soon.
    I put down a deposit on the single motor. not sure you will need more in Ireland!

Also, as a designer myself, I can totally see the delorean (which was basically based on the lotus esprit) and lotus design language in general... I do hope this is more of a concept car and the styling will be more refined... not conventional!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

deegs wrote: »
    I absolutely love it, in 3-4 years time most of the new cars will be autonomous with human interaction optional
    That's exactly the level of hopeless optimism I'd expect from a designer :pac:

If you're suggesting that you could buy a car in 4 years that will transport you around as a blind passenger without a driver's licence, I'd like some of what you're smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PaulRyan97

ELM327 wrote: »
    would expect 50/60/70 for the three variants here.
    Model 3 was 35k but the version that landed here was SR+ with AP which was never 35 but was 38-39k... that was 48k here.

It depends on where it's being produced. If it's only in the US then yes I would expect it to be a 50/60/70 split.

If it's being produced in Gigafactory 4 in Germany than it avoids the 10% import fees and could be 45/55/65. I would doubt it would be produced in Europe though, market for those types of trucks is too small. It's also absolutely gigantic, too big for most roads here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lol, is he for real!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Lumen wrote: »
    That's exactly the level of hopeless optimism I'd expect from a designer :pac:

If you're suggesting that you could buy a car in 4 years that will transport you around as a blind passenger without a driver's licence, I'd like some of what you're smoking.

Dont believe I said any of that...
    The Ioniq I bought last year does most of my 240km commute keeping me between lanes and slowing and speeding up without any involvement from me.

Consider also new forms of passenger transport such as Next who have been running trials in Dubai for a few years https://www.next-future-mobility.com/

And, there are many kinds of designers, I'm not really the hopelessly optimistic type nor alluded to it! I can most definitely interpret the design language, system and influence a bit better than a non designer; perhaps like yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Every time I see the name I read it as Clusterfuck :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

macnab wrote: »
    Maybe you should get an eye test also, or spell check your posts. ��

At least you recognise you need an eye test, I dont know how a spell check would have helped with that typing error, but well done you, for spotting it. You know your winning on the internet when you are nit picking grammar and spelling.

Anyway off to get a Jonnycab...makes me wish I had 3 hands.

totalrecallcars_05_1000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Once they paint it red, all the pyjama mums will be dropping their precious sprogs to school in them.

I drive a Leaf....so I kind of like the pick-up styling of this. I think...

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Joseph SEE

Apparently, over 200,000 orders already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Americans will buy it, after all they buy Hummers and GM cars.....

Rest of World,not so much.....apart from the odd person wanting to stand out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

deegs wrote: »
    Dont believe I said any of that...

What did you mean by "autonomous with human input optional" if not johnnycabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Once they paint it red, all the pyjama mums will be dropping their precious sprogs to school in them.

How is driving a Leaf relevant to this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

samih wrote: »
    I don't know what the construction of the front clip is like but as there won't be anything much mechanical in there Tesla can make the corners as soft as they want to.

Yeah, maybe they could even throw in some nice squishy pop-up headlights, then all the retro wedge-tastic design check-boxes could be ticked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It hasnt an Audi or BMW badge on it so no they wont

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Elon must have been on the funny fags that day.

Unbreakable windows lol lol lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

If you can get over the looks, It’s actually some yoke as a utilitarian work vehicle.
    The rear View Picture on Tesla.com of it in camper configuration looks cool actually, it also drops its air and can have a ramp to load your quad, and can power your building site until you get connected to the grid, so quite a few party pieces if you really did need a pick up.

I well remember the outrage over the design of Bangle’s 2004 BMW E60 , 5 series, and how it would be the end of BMW, but that turned out well in the end, and there was real outrage over that for at least 3 years.

No harm to be controversial and Cybertruck even got a mention on the RTÉ 6 o clock news, over the broken glass failure.......no wonder Tesla don’t spend a penny on advertising anywhere in the world, GENIUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

At least you recognise you need an eye test, I dont know how a spell check would have helped with that typing error, but well done you, for spotting it. You know your winning on the internet when you are nit picking grammar and spelling.

I'm here for the cars, you are the one that brought the handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭kyote00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Is this what happens when you give a billionaire the opportunity to turn a drawing of a car he made when he was 5 into reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

josip wrote: »
    Fcuking hell. My mother is more aerodynamic than that abomination.

She was built for comfort, not for speed....and i dont mean the chevy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

This truck is truly ugly. But I'd still love to see them driving around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

No one has made a stainless steel car since the terrible Delorean.

The finish is a pig to clean and maintain, and difficult to fix dents. And to weld without deformation or distortion to the grain.

And the kerb weight is wasteful. And how are you supposed to load and unload over high sides with very pointy corners without injury.

I could go on.

We are being trolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Joseph SEE wrote: »
    Apparently, over 200,000 orders already!

Unbelievable

VW have like 3000 for the ID now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

mL6S8jm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Ryath wrote: »
    mL6S8jm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Original best

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks like something he knocked up in his shed.

Based on a drawing by a 5 year old.

It's beyond ridiculous. No surprise the Tesla share price took a massive fall after this reveal.

Maybe time to invest in some Ford shares, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

The glass breaking was funny, as normal glass in a side window of a car is pretty hard to break, could throw rocks at one countless times and it would not break, those windows in Tesla broke with one go.

Yep

Guaranteed it was on purpose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I was up at about 5am yesterday and this was all over twitter.

I thought it was a joke

Some PR stunt is my guess.

Advertisement