Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with USB stick

Options
  • 21-11-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I slotted the top of a USB stick into my phone to copy material from the stick onto the phone. When I subsequently slotted this same USB stick into my laptop and tryed to copy files to it from the laptop I got the error message 'The disk is write-protected'. I've googled this already but its the fact that I used it with my phone that has caused the problem as it worked fine beforehand. Appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Courtn2

Something similar happened to me years ago with a camera. Plug it back In the phone and if there’s an option to eject the USB take it.

If not, I think it should free up if you turn off the phone with the usb in place, but couldn’t swear to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Copy all the files to the laptop ,then just format the drive .
    i presume you can see the files on the usb stick

Advertisement