Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move by number to Go mo

Options
  • 21-11-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Can anybody help me with my Go mo SIM card and move my number. Having spent the 72 hours trying to move my number and numerous chat messages and email to no avail.
    Each evening at 5pm I get a message as follows:

Your port is rejected as the account type you selected did not match with your current provider in donor network Tesco. Please schedule the port again or contact donor operator.
    On 21/11/2019 at 17:00

No one in Go mo can give me an explanation on how to solve this problem. Each day I requested them to contact me in the morning time as I would not be able to contact them at 5pm to no avail.
    I have given them all my information from Tesco mobile account number and the plan I was on.
    I have cancelled my Tesco account last Saturday my last bill.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

embassy wrote: »
    Can anybody help me with my Go mo SIM card and move my number. Having spent the 72 hours trying to move my number and numerous chat messages and email to no avail.
    Each evening at 5pm I get a message as follows:

Your port is rejected as the account type you selected did not match with your current provider in donor network Tesco. Please schedule the port again or contact donor operator.
    On 21/11/2019 at 17:00

No one in Go mo can give me an explanation on how to solve this problem. Each day I requested them to contact me in the morning time as I would not be able to contact them at 5pm to no avail.
    I have given them all my information from Tesco mobile account number and the plan I was on.
    I have cancelled my Tesco account last Saturday my last bill.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Ah , the dreaded mis selection of the account type . It was the one thing putting me off porting . There should have been like an "i" for info button beside each of these options .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

This might be a Tesco Mobile issue ...

There seems to be an issue linked to account numbers from Tesco Mobile. Example here.

The solution seems to be to contact Tesco Mobile. It seems that Tesco Mobile have given some people wrong account details. Contact them and say you cannot port with the details you have (give all your details) and ask them to double check your account number for porting.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder might it be that you are actually trying to port an account which is actually cancelled? You didn't need to cancel your account, once your number was ported over to GoMo, your tesco account would have automatically cancelled then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 embassy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wonder might it be that you are actually trying to port an account which is actually cancelled? You didn't need to cancel your account, once your number was ported over to GoMo, your tesco account would have automatically cancelled then.

I have told Go mo that I had cancelled my Tesco mobile. How do you think I should proceed as the guys in Go mo haven’t given me any solutions.

I have told Go mo that I had cancelled my Tesco mobile. How do you think I should proceed as the guys in Go mo haven’t given me any solutions.

Many thanks for your response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Your number is most likely gone if you cancelled with the operator.

Get onto Tesco and see can you salvage.

When porting the new operator does all the work.

What happens when you call your number?

What happens when you call your number?

It’s said that the mobile number you have called is switched off please try later. My old number works on Whatsapp message and calls

It’s said that the mobile number you have called is switched off please try later. My old number works on Whatsapp message and calls

Old number received calls yesterday before I changed sims over again. Didn’t make any calls as no credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Usually if a port works, you lose signal on original, then place new sim in. Hit airplane mode or reset and it should work.

• Advertisement

Old number received calls yesterday before I changed sims over again. Didn’t make any calls as no credit.

Its possible so that when you cancelled your account, Tesco reverted you to PAYG, in that case you dont need to submit an account number, just select prepay from the gomo selection and try the port again

Its possible so that when you cancelled your account, Tesco reverted you to PAYG, in that case you dont need to submit an account number, just select prepay from the gomo selection and try the port again

Many thanks I will tell Go Mo I am PAYG customer.
    Will try to move again in the morning again.Will keep you informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 uibhfhaili1985

Your number is most likely gone if you cancelled with the operator.

Get onto Tesco and see can you salvage.

When porting the new operator does all the work.

Hi

I have the same problem I was with EIR i went down to there shop last night and he thinks my number is gone. He was trying to get it back.
    Just wondering is this possible or is my number gone. I've had it since 2001 i really dont want to loose it.

Thanks

How do you think you lost it, did you cancel your Eir account prior to setting up a port with GoMo?

Hi

I have the same problem I was with EIR i went down to there shop last night and he thinks my number is gone. He was trying to get it back.
    Just wondering is this possible or is my number gone. I've had it since 2001 i really dont want to loose it.

Thanks
    My number is still active with Tesco Mobile. They changed my account number and plan to PAYG.
    Whatsapp, my old number still works and is active
    I received more help/information here than with Go Mo. They know all the problems but never give you a solution.
    I entered my new account number and plan and now must wait to see what happens.
    They keep contacting me a 5 pm I have requested any contact to be in the morning to no avail.Hope you get sorted.

How do you think you lost it, did you cancel your Eir account prior to setting up a port with GoMo?

Hi
    i was on 30 day contract so i gave my notice. the guy in EIR thinks EIR cancelled it the day before gomo tried to port.

do you think my number is gone for good?
    Thanks

Hi
    i was on 30 day contract so i gave my notice. the guy in EIR thinks EIR cancelled it the day before gomo tried to port.

do you think my number is gone for good?
    Thanks

If you gave them 30 days notice, then its should still be active unless of course you waited till the last day before you ported to GoMo, have you tried calling it?

My number is still active with Tesco Mobile. They changed my account number and plan to PAYG.
    Whatsapp, my old number still works and is active
    I received more help/information here than with Go Mo. They know all the problems but never give you a solution.
    I entered my new account number and plan and now must wait to see what happens.
    They keep contacting me a 5 pm I have requested any contact to be in the morning to no avail.Hope you get sorted.

You should not have an account number if you are on PAYG, so if you submitted an account number then you have done something wrong again. All you need to do is select prepay registered or prepay unregistered.

If you gave them 30 days notice, then its should still be active unless of course you waited till the last day before you ported to GoMo, have you tried calling it?

I waited until last day of course. is that is gone so? :(

I waited until last day of course. is that is gone so? :(

I would imagine so, I have no idea why you didn't just port over and leave GoMo handle the cancelling of your Eir account. As you pay in advance with Eir, you have been entitled to a refund also from the day the port went through.

Unfortunately, if your number is gone, then its your own fault and not GoMo or Eir's.

• Advertisement

I would imagine so, I have no idea why you didn't just port over and leave GoMo handle the cancelling of your Eir account. As you pay in advance with Eir, you have been entitled to a refund also from the day the port went through.

Unfortunately, if your number is gone, then its your own fault and not GoMo or Eir's.

Thanks for the help . i have never done it before Ive been with EIR and meteor for years. i presumed you gave notice if you where in a contract.
    thanks

Thanks for the help . i have never done it before Ive been with EIR and meteor for years. i presumed you gave notice if you where in a contract.
    thanks

No problem, this was always going to happen to people while moving to GoMo.

I pointed this out numerous times since GoMo launched, up to now places like Eir, Vodafone, three and VM stores would have always handled the porting process for new customers and then someone new like GoMo comes along with little or no customer service and the whole porting process has to be done by the customer, this was always going to cause problems.

I would suggest that you keep on to Eir and see can they salvage your number for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just speculating...

An 085 number issued by eir/meteor is potentially recoverable if you can find a person in eir who knows how it's done. They may charge for this via a top up...fiver minimum top up.

If it's an 086 or 087 number then it's possible that those numbers revert to the original network when cancelled and that would be more difficult to regain. Open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

Would that not mean you're not giving the required 30 days notice (if that's what you're on)? I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm thinking of moving to Vodafone. I never thought of an issue where you'd end up losing your number

No company has ever enforced this to the best of my knowledge. I moved my two sons from sim only deals with 3 to GoMo and I got refunds issued to be on both accounts and I also moved my own number from Eir sim only, I was also issued with a refund from eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

my wife is having this issue also.... her vodafone number is still active but cant port it.... any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

jobless wrote: »
    my wife is having this issue also.... her vodafone number is still active but cant port it.... any ideas?

What exactly is the issue? What error message is she getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

jobless wrote: »

What option did you use, prepay registered, unregistered, post paid etc ? My wife had a recurring debit from her card for her VF 'perfect friend's' account.
    I've just unlocked her phone now but don't know myself which option to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bart877

hi, I had the same problem and when talking to Tesco Customer help, they were all giving me account number starting with COTR00XXXX or advising to post without letters and zeroes.
    Then finally, after Third time, a guy called Ross (smart chap) advised to use customer number, number starting from 1.5xxxxx. I was on Tesco 30 days sim only, when switching to GoMo, I have selected bill pay, single line and the customer number. Switch went ahead without issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement