Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Are Turkish Airlines the only carrier that fly from Istanbul to Dublin directly? You'd be wanting a refund or an alternative flight if you had to get on a plane with a member of ISIS.

The airline should be insisting that she be handcuffed.

For what??? You want to make all the other passenger's nervous??? What exactly do you think she could do on the flight??? Attack some one with one of the plastic food forks or knives??? while minding her 2 year old daughter and flanked by security, back and front ??? The whole flight should be as low key as possible, nothing special to attract attention. Off the flight on arrival to Dublin, no press notified, straight through Customs and Passport control, out and into a waiting car...Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

But lads, isn't Christmas a time when we're supposed to bring home our families and loved ones from far away? I'm sure there'll be some really touching scenes at the airport. It'll be like Love Actually, but without all the creepiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

elainee40 wrote: »

It's a dry-run for Santa arriving next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

jmreire wrote: »
    For what??? You want to make all the other passenger's nervous??? What exactly do you think she could do on the flight??? Attack some one with one of the plastic food forks or knives??? while minding her 2 year old daughter and flanked by security, back and front ??? The whole flight should be as low key as possible, nothing special to attract attention. Off the flight on arrival to Dublin, no press notified, straight through Customs and Passport control, out and into a waiting car...Job done!

I'd like to see her strung up like Hannibal Lector. Wheeled on and off the flight. Held in the cargo hold of the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'd like to see her strung up like Hannibal Lector. Wheeled on and off the flight. Held in the cargo hold of the plane.

I'm pretty sure that you are in a very long line of like minded individual's... who would have similar ambitions for Lisa ( and even worse, truth be told :o ) But the best you can hope for is economy class with Turkish Air ( and again to be honest, it's pretty good, Iv'e flown the same route many times ) Now if it was Kazakh Airlines..........:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

It's a dry-run for Santa arriving next month.

ah, Saint Nicholas, from Turkey. said to be buried in Kilkenny...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Leo said the garda are waiting for her. So that means whisked off in an unmarked Hyundai i40, questioned about absolutely nothing, then told all the best. #WelcomeLisa

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

She is on the flight now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Late late show Friday night so and book to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Yeah shes enroute "accompanied by three consular officials from the Department of Foreign Affairs, members of the Army Ranger Wing, and a Turkish security officer".
    How much is this whole sorry affair costing the state / taxpayer?!

Id take a couple of giant printers for Leinster House over this anyday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Her council house awaiting no doubt..

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Yeah shes enroute "accompanied by three consular officials from the Department of Foreign Affairs, members of the Army Ranger Wing, and a Turkish security officer".

I agree though not sure if a repeat of the printer debacle would be good for anyone.

Not sure why three consular officials are needed to accompany her if that’s true.

I am sure that their will be a dail question on the overall cost of this sorry debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Late late show Friday night so and book to follow?

Reminds me of the moving statues craze in the 80's follow anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

jimd2 wrote: »
    I agree though not sure if a repeat of the printer debacle would be good for anyone.

Not sure why three consular officials are needed to accompany her if that’s true.

I am sure that their will be a dail question on the overall cost of this sorry debacle.

By time this is all over between bringing her back,care, accommodation. Investigation and security 20,30 40 or more printers will not cover this

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

an absoloute fortune i would say. Christ on a bike we have no backbone..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Trampas

Lucky they didn’t fly Ryanair or they could have been seated all over the plane.

Anyone heading out with flags and banners to welcome her as some comes out the arrivals hall in terminal 1.

I hope you remembers where she parked

They probably got her a new battery for her car and tyres as they’re probably wrecked

But lads, isn't Christmas a time when we're supposed to bring home our families and loved ones from far away? I'm sure there'll be some really touching scenes at the airport. It'll be like Love Actually, but without all the creepiness.
    True, argyle is picking her up at the airport i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

She is on the flight now.

Turkish Airlines TK1975
    Reg TC-JYN
    ETA Dublin 10.00 am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I think she should be interoggated, prosecuted if necessary and monitored closely, but this talk of executions is over-the-top and not even remotely possible as there is no death penalty in Ireland and no prospect of re-introducing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Arragh dats nice she's back for de crimbo, allahu akbar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

No need for deportation. Revoke her citizenship and exile her. Let her find her own place in the world.. since it's obviously not Ireland. There's quite a few countries out there with a majority Muslim population where she would be better suited to live in, and they can decide to deny/accept her based on her history.

The idea of deportation is awkward because it's asking another country to take responsibility for her, and requires us to nominate such a country. Let her do that, as long as it's not Ireland.

On what basis in law do you revoke her citizenship? Once you change the law to allow this, to whom do you allow the law to apply to in future? Do we revoke citizenship to all ex-IRA members, all Cira members, all criminals? Do we allow a future government to revoke citizenship of all criminals? Do we allow a future government to revoke citizenship of anyone who votes against them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is she guilty of treason having worked for the defence forces?

SEI_58343553-e1553539645189.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C392&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ryertex

The only one in that picture guilty of treason is not wearing a uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Lisa needs braces

Anything else she needs too, all outta our pockets.

Welcome home champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

could she be sectioned?

She will be brought in questioned and released staight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

As she’s on a regular commercial flight there’ll be social media pics in the next hour.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there are tabloid journalists on the flight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Trampas wrote: »
    Lucky they didn’t fly Ryanair or they could have been seated all over the plane.

Anyone heading out with flags and banners to welcome her as some comes out the arrivals hall in terminal 1.

I hope you remembers where she parked

They probably got her a new battery for her car and tyres as they’re probably wrecked

Ur a funny whore- lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just heard the news. Just baffling stuff.

This country is ****ed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Currently over Irish Sea.
    ETA 16mins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement