Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

She was seen this morning collecting the keys of her new 3k a month apartment in Dundrum..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

tuxy wrote: »
    We know it's been covered for some time now.
    She divorced them because they were not radical enough for her.

Says a lot about her. Can’t believe they’ve facilitated an isis member back to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

She’s Irish

I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I just hope ppl remember all of this circus when it comes to the next election. Thanks Leo and co. Clowns

FG will be punished in the next election for a host of other matters, this won't come in to it. FF who have propped up the FG government hold just as much blame do you think they will be punished too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

You do know what IS are right?

Are you saying the Irish Government should recognize the Islamic State as a legitimate State?

If the answer is no then she’s an Irish citizen.

• Advertisement

I don't care.

Turkey is a more powerful country than Ireland it was impossible to stop her deportation. Do you care about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

No.

Amazing

I just hope ppl remember all of this circus when it comes to the next election. Thanks Leo and co. Clowns

Voted FG the last election but by god they've turned out to be an absolute disaster. Time for change.

FG will be punished in the next election for a host of other matters, this won't come in to it. FF who have propped up the FG government hold just as much blame do you think they will be punished too?

They’re the only two options so someone has to benefit. Pity the whole country wouldn’t just boycott the charade altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RTÉ saying She had 4 jihadi husbands over there apparently.

Sounds like the Shirley Velentine of Isis.

• Advertisement

Are you saying the Irish Government should recognize the Islamic State as a legitimate State?

If the answer is no then she’s an Irish citizen.

Some people on here have argued that IS should be recognised officially in order remove her Irish citizenship. :rolleyes:

Elemonator wrote: »
    International law means she couldn’t be rendered stateless.

UK did it. We should’ve done same.

Turkey is a more powerful country than Ireland it was impossible to stop her deportation. Do you care about that?

No. The flight should have refused entry into Irish airspace with a known terrorist onboard.

They’re the only two options so someone has to benefit. Pity the whole country wouldn’t just boycott the charade altogether.

It would be nice but you're dreaming if you think it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't care.

Understood.
    Have you any more compelling arguments?

So Turkish airlines knowingly delivered an isis member to Ireland. Why was it even allowed into Irish airspace

No. The flight should have refused entry into Irish airspace with a known terrorist onboard.

You know that's impossible right? You do understand the international obligations that Ireland has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

So the cells currently in Ireland shouldn’t be deported?

So Turkish airlines knowingly delivered an isis member to Ireland. Why was it even allowed into Irish airspace

It was a standard, by the book deportation.

You know that's impossible right? You do understand the international obligations that Ireland has?

Should’ve been told to land elsewhere with an isis member on board

• Advertisement

It would be nice but you're dreaming if you think it will happen.

Absolutely. It is but a dream, people are mad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No they didn't. They revoked British citizenship from someone with dual nationality.

So the cells currently in Ireland shouldn’t be deported?

Yup, every country should offload their criminals on others........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Unreal. Letting this scumbag back into the country. We truly are a soft ****ing touch. She wouldnt get back into the states or Austrailia thats for sure.

Who paid to bring her back?

Joke.

You probably helped to pay for her return. She has a free meal ticket now for the rest of her life,and more importantly...an irish passport to travel unhindered throughout Europe

Should’ve been told to land elsewhere with an isis member on board

Shannon Airport rather than Dublin? I don't see how that would help.
    Perhaps we should go to war with a NATO country over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

If every country did that, it would be impossible to deport any terrorist ever. Congratulations, let me know when I can not vote for you as world leader.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    No they didn't. They revoked British citizenship from someone with dual nationality.

You know what. I’d have been happier taking Irish citizenship off her and let her fend for herself over there.

Too risky to bring her back here given her Isis membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Are you referring to Shamima Begum? That is currently being challenged, it is possible to strip someone of citizenship if they can apply for an alternative. Lisa Smith couldn’t as far as we know.

With potential charges, I’m not well up in this area so I can’t detail it too much. There is options but they are limited.

There is law in Ireland that applies to international terrorism as well as European law, which would have effect in Ireland due to direct effect and supremacy.

The domestic legislation in Ireland is the Offences Against The State Act 1939. The other posters are correct that it was enacted to deal with the IRA mostly as well as other groups but it’s provisions can be used for international terrorism as well. This is reflected in the Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) Act 2005.

S.5 of the 2005 Act provides that a terrorist group that “engages in, promotes, encourages or advocates the commission, in or outside the State, of a terrorist activity is an unlawful organisation within the meaning and for the purposes of the 1939-1998 Acts”. This gives effect to the offence provisions Offences Against The State Act 1939.

Now all they need to do is prove it. The options for prosecution are limited as the provisions set out for international terrorism haven’t been expanded regarding international terrorism but there is a Bill before the Dáil I understand. She would likely be charged with membership of a terrorist organisation.

This country under varadkar is beyond a joke

• Advertisement

You know what. I’d have been happier taking Irish citizenship off her and let her fend for herself over there.

So Ireland should become some kind of rogue state with no regard for international law?
    Don't you think the trade embargoes that would be a fallout of this could be problematic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement