Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You know what. I’d have been happier taking Irish citizenship off her and let her fend for herself over there.

Too risky to bring her back here given her Isis membership.

It takes ireland to actually welcome in hardcore isis members and their children.

This is a very very dangerous precedent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

This country under varadkar is beyond a joke

So who should take over?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus he is actually quoting and responding to his own posts.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

zero leadership skills .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It takes ireland to actually welcome in hardcore isis members and their children.

This is a very very dangerous precedent.

Is the understanding of laws against statelessness and why they exist beyond your comprehension?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You probably helped to pay for her return. She has a free meal ticket now for the rest of her life,and more importantly...an irish passport to travel unhindered throughout Europe

EU nationals can be refused entry to another EU country on public order, public health or public security grounds.

This right of member nations to refuse entry is strictly interpreted, but I'd imagine that Lisa given her history could find herself on a blacklist and won't be holidaying in Benidorm quite as freely as you'd imagine.

This is another reason why the Irish authorities will be under pressure to secure a conviction.

A lot of misinformation on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You know what. I’d have been happier taking Irish citizenship off her and let her fend for herself over there.

Too risky to bring her back here given her Isis membership.

I don't want her here either! At least not left to roam around unchecked. I do have concerns for her baby, though, who is an innocent and should be protected from her mother's influence.

So who should take over?

Plenty of alternatives out there to vote for.

Im not voting for any of the “mainstream” parties as I have zero zilch nada trust in them on a whole range of social issues

And just from talking to ppl it seems the sheer anger and frustration is off the charts.

Beside the point of basic security in the state being thrown aside This circus will not help the main parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Sounds like the Shirley Velentine of Isis.

Should have changed her name to Raleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Plenty of alternatives out there to vote for.

No there isn't, you can't actually name any so stop with your usual nonsense.

The 2 options are little Justin Cosplay Nazi or Full Blown Simpleton Gemma.

Anyone that votes for them should have their citizenship revoked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Oops69 wrote: »
    zero leadership skills .

I'm no fan of LV but I think they are doing ok on this issue.

Herself and the child are safe home in a country where the rue of law applies.

As for the future I'm willing to leave it to our justice system.

Im not voting for any of the “mainstream”

Me too but the revolving door system of FF and FG is probably an unstoppable force in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

While I have no time for this Ailen, I do feel sorry for the poor kid.

And I can understand for her why she is brought back.

I hope poor kid will be looked after with full care and I wish her a happy life, because she won’t get it with parents like what she has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Child could grow up and continue on her mother and fathers work.

Not worth the risk.

elperello wrote: »

Leo must really want a nice job in the EU. He has done everything perfectly under international law, this is something I'm happy about.

But he does not care about Irish citizens and has not ensured there is adequate legislation in place for cases like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Some justice systems are not good enough at giving these scumbags what they deserve.
    What happened in London this week showed us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Boggles wrote: »
    No there isn't, you can't actually name any so stop with your usual nonsense.

The 2 options are little Justin Cosplay Nazi or Full Blown Simpleton Gemma.

Anyone that votes for them should have their citizenship revoked.

Oh, what happened to everyone else?:rolleyes:

Nobody gives a **** about those 2 as Election Day will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't understand the gra Leo has for people that would throw him off the top of a tall building given the chance.

Oops69 wrote: »
    zero leadership skills .

Leadership by polling data and focus groups.

tuxy wrote: »
    Leo must really want a nice job in the EU. He has done everything perfectly under international law, this is something I'm happy about.

But he does not care about Irish citizens and has not ensured there is adequate legislation in place for cases like this.

if he doesn’t win the next election he’s on the next plane to Brussels for a cushy number over there.

It’s quite shocking to see him and others in govt actively putting other agendas over the Irish national interest.

• Advertisement

We had to take Lisa back, there may have been a loophole where the child was left in Turkey. That's what you really wanted?

Probably have a better life looking at the way this **** hole is run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Why?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »
    I don't understand the gra Leo has for people that would throw him off the top of a tall building given the chance.

It’s pretty simple, he has no grá for them at all. But the Irish government are obligated to do certain things, including admitting their own citizens.

I’ve zero time for ISIS, but we live in a society of laws. You can’t decide to break the law without punishment and the government of the day shouldn’t be able to either.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don’t care if Lisa rots in hell, but it’s very unfair to have Child suffer for something they had zero control over
    The child could be set up for adoption.
    That way the child will grow up in a normal Irish household with parents that have no sense of its history.
    It will grow up normally and not prepped by it's mother to wage jihad

And Lisa cannot use it to play the system and the bleeding hearts.

if he doesn’t win the next election he’s on the next plane to Brussels for a cushy number over there.

It’s quite shocking to see him and others in govt actively putting other agendas over the Irish national interest.

What agendas?

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    It’s pretty simple, he has no grá for them at all. But the Irish government are obligated to do certain things, including admitting their own citizens.

I’ve zero time for ISIS, but we live in a society of laws. You can’t decide to break the law without punishment and the government of the day shouldn’t be able to either.

It's madness the same people who are calling for laws to be enforced to the full extent here are also saying we should disregard international law and international commitments. No self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You are correct about our legislation deficit with regard to handling cases like this.

The Government should press ahead with the correct legislation without any further delay.

However such legislation could not be applied to the LS case.

biko wrote: »
    The child could be set up for adoption.
    That way the child will grow up in a normal Irish household with parents that have no sense of its history.
    It will grow up normally and not prepped by it's mother to wage jihad

And Lisa cannot use it to play the system and the bleeding hearts.

Bleeding hearts? You think everyone who doesn’t think a child should be removed and forcibly adopted is a bleeding heart? Have some sense.

they/them/theirs

You are correct about our legislation deficit with regard to handling cases like this.

The Government should press ahead with the correct legislation without any further delay.

However such legislation could not be applied to the LS case.

Absolutely. If people break the law they should be punished. Equally the government can’t ignore the law as they please.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yurt! wrote: »
    EU nationals can be refused entry to another EU country on public order, public health or public security grounds.

This right of member nations to refuse entry is strictly interpreted, but I'd imagine that Lisa given her history could find herself on a blacklist and won't be holidaying in Benidorm quite as freely as you'd imagine.

This is another reason why the Irish authorities will be under pressure to secure a conviction.

A lot of misinformation on this thread.

They can,but she has a passport now. In all the times I've been asked for mine in the ports in France, the officer just gave a cursory glance at it. I've never been stopped in the uk ports,so she does have free access to Europe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement