Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

ricero wrote: »
    Child could grow up and continue on her mother and fathers work.

Not worth the risk.

Absolute sick statement....

The child is young enough to have positive influences in her life and deserves a chance. She is, nor is any child for that matter, not responible for her parents or their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh, what happened to everyone else?:rolleyes:

Go on then, name the alternative non main stream parties?
    Nobody gives a **** about those 2 as Election Day will tell.

Oh the sad part is there is, the are few in number, and the person I was responding to will be voting for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

biko wrote: »
    The child could be set up for adoption.
    That way the child will grow up in a normal Irish household with parents that have no sense of its history.
    It will grow up normally and not prepped by it's mother to wage jihad

And Lisa cannot use it to play the system and the bleeding hearts.

Forcible adoption blighted this country for many years.
    We are still trying to deal with the human misery it caused.
    We are not going back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Boggles wrote: »
    No there isn't, you can't actually name any so stop with your usual nonsense.

The 2 options are little Justin Cosplay Nazi or Full Blown Simpleton Gemma.

Anyone that votes for them should have their citizenship revoked.

If this knut didnt loose her citizenship...nobody can

Brian? wrote: »
    What agendas?

Getting themselves a cushy well paid EU job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They can,but she has a passport now.

Has she?

More than likely a temporary passport issued by the embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

She's Irish so she can't, but naturalisation can be revoked for those not born here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Exactly.
    The Government can't leave a citizen stateless and exile them, it's not the Middle Ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

elperello wrote: »
    Forcible adoption blighted this country for many years.
    We are still trying to deal with the human misery it caused.
    We are not going back there.
    The child also has family here and is not guilty of the sins of her mother or father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Not true, someone who is a citizen of another recognised country could have their Irish citizenship removed legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

A little reminder of her past and what officials are dealing with !!
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4818698/lisa-smith-married-four-times-leaving-jihad-syria/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Boggles wrote: »
    Has she?

More than likely a temporary passport issued by the embassy.

Most likely travelling on single use only emergency travel document.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

They can,but she has a passport now. In all the times I've been asked for mine in the ports in France, the officer just gave a cursory glance at it. I've never been stopped in the uk ports,so she does have free access to Europe

If you're on a no-fly list;

A. You won't be allowed to board a plane

or,

B. If you somehow make it to a European entry port an you're on an Interpol watchlist / security services watchlist, the immigration officer's passport scanning machine will light up like a Christmas tree.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A little reminder of her past and what officials are dealing with !!
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4818698/lisa-smith-married-four-times-leaving-jihad-syria/

You do realise marriage in Islam can happen in your living room and is very often used as an excuse for couples to get the leg over. Marry your partner and it is OK to do the deed. Same way a man can announce the divorce by saying a few words.........very common practise here on mainland Europe for young Muslims. Marriage in the eyes of religion is enough to move in with your partner and do as you wish without the family saying anything.

Lisa also served her country....dont forget that.

More interesting would be to know why she was in a position to be radicalised and who did it, what triggered it??

There is no proof she is anything wrong when over there, we all assume she did. Maybe she did nothing more than cook, clean and ride the husband who was a fighter. On the other side maybe she was training killers....we dont know and until we have no evidence she cannot be charged. She should however be watch very carefully and put under curfew etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

According to a source I was speaking to. Lisa Smith was well regarded and well liked when she was part of the Defence Forces in Ireland.. I also heard members were ready and willing to take part in a rescue mission if need be,. I'd go as far as to say they were queuing up to volunteer.. so let's not forget that in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The child could be set up for adoption.
    That way the child will grow up in a normal Irish household with parents that have no sense of its history.
    It will grow up normally and not prepped by it's mother to wage jihad

And Lisa cannot use it to play the system and the bleeding hearts.

She. Not it.

She will most likely end up in foster care for most of her life. Like most other Irish kids who never get adopted because the system is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

More interesting would be to know why she was in a position to be radicalised and who did it, what triggered it??

If the woman from the Dundalk mosque who knows Lisa is to be believe she was not radicalised but actively sought it out herself. Now you may think why would we believe her, of course Muslims will be trying to distance themselves from Lisa. But Lisa divorced most of those men because they were not radical enough for her.
    I'm sure something happened in her life that triggered this but I don't think it started with an IS member trying to recruit her.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

LorelaiG wrote: »
    She. Not it.
    Did you just assume the child's gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I wonder where they will put her, her parents house could be unsafe due to her presence but also the comments from her father.

I don't envy the job to relocate her. I would like to know the plan to protect her child.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Calhoun wrote: »
    I wonder where they will put her, her parents house could be unsafe due to her presence but also the comments from her father.

I don't envy the job to relocate her. I would like to know the plan to protect her child.

According to RTE, the little girl is being cared for by relatives currently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Getting themselves a cushy well paid EU job.

Themselves? I thought you were talking about Leo specifically. But ok, that's one agenda. What other agendas?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

So she is back, landed in Dublin Airport at 10:30 this morning on Turkish Air Flight 1975 fro Istanbul, and was arrested on landing. Was met by Gardai, and currently being detained at a South Dublin Garda Station. He child is being cared for by her relatives.

Did you just assume the child's gender?

"I refuse to admit I'm wrong, even though I know I am"

they/them/theirs

Themselves? I thought you were talking about Leo specifically. But ok, that's one agenda. What other agendas?

Lining his pockets. Really the initial example I gave you was enough, but you seem the prickly little type that will go for technicalities over anything else.

tuxy wrote: »
    If the woman from the Dundalk mosque who knows Lisa is to be believe she was not radicalised but actively sought it out herself. Now you may think why would we believe her, of course Muslims will be trying to distance themselves from Lisa. But Lisa divorced most of those men because they were not radical enough for her.
    I'm sure something happened in her life that triggered this but I don't think it started with an IS member trying to recruit her.

The young lady in the mosque will never ever say....we did it. In fact they will do everything to deflect from themselves. The last thing they want is cops sniffing around.

As for divorce....I work with Muslims on a daily basis. They meet people, get married within 2-4 months and its like a pass to get the leg over, have the lady move in, cook and clean for you. Once they are not getting what they want it is divorce and onto the next one. Likewise the ladies marry, see the real man afterwards and ensure he wants a divorce very quickly so they can find the next perfect man. Whatever went on in Lisas relationships or marriages, none of us know the truth. Maybe it was a husband that radicalised her, then again maybe she was the one doing the radicalising. We dont know and that is the very point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

jmreire wrote: »
    So she is back, landed in Dublin Airport at 10:30 this morning on Turkish Air Flight 1975 fro Istanbul, and was arrested on landing. Was met by Gardai, and currently being detained at a South Dublin Garda Station. He child is being cared for by her relatives.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/1201/1096265-smith-isis-home-turkey/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Sardonicat wrote: »
    According to RTE, the little girl is being cared for by relatives currently.

I hope they are keeping an eye on things to make sure the child is ok. I don't trust her relatives as they still believe she just accidentally ended up in Syria.

I would go as far as saying their statements on her so far should have disqualified then from caring from her but where else would she have gone .

Calhoun wrote: »
    I hope they are keeping an eye on things to make sure the child is ok. I don't trust her relatives as they still believe she just accidentally ended up in Syria.

I would go as far as saying their statements on her so far should have disqualified then from caring from her but where else would she have gone .

I grew up beside the family, the child will want for nothing and will get the love and care it deserves, in fact probably more. People need to remember, the child has certainly done nothing wrong in all of this and is not responsible for the actions of her parents. The little thing is a victim if anything.

As for the statements....a certain TD has his finger in a lot of it as have various other people. Family got some bad advise and picked Dundalks biggest clown to speak for them. I assume that came as result of him being a former soldier, would have know Lisa and currently being a TD.

90% of Irish mothers would come and say their child slipped into such a life if they were told a cock and bull story and knew the extreme situation their grandchild and indeed child were in. Would take a very hard parent to walk away and say not my problem to both of them.

Lining his pockets. Really the initial example I gave you was enough, but you seem the prickly little type that will go for technicalities over anything else.

I am attempting to point out what a nonsense thing it was to say.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I am attempting to point out what a nonsense thing it was to say.

It’s not though. Vradkar is looking after his own affairs to the detriment of the rest of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement