Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

They can,but she has a passport now. In all the times I've been asked for mine in the ports in France, the officer just gave a cursory glance at it. I've never been stopped in the uk ports,so she does have free access to Europe
    Was in France in the Summer. They did a full check on everyone in the car, full examination of passports, and did that for each and every car in the multiple queues off the ferry. It really slowed things down and it was not a cursory glance for anyone.

Lisa also served her country....dont forget that.
    No she didn't. She worked a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Calhoun wrote: »
    I hope they are keeping an eye on things to make sure the child is ok. I don't trust her relatives as they still believe she just accidentally ended up in Syria.

I would go as far as saying their statements on her so far should have disqualified then from caring from her but where else would she have gone .

According to news reports, TUSLA are involved. Whatever their beliefs about Lisa, they are that baby's family. As she has just landed in the country and been removed from her mother the very best place for her to be is with relatives who won't just care for her physically but will love her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I grew up beside the family, the child will want for nothing and will get the love and care it deserves, in fact probably more. People need to remember, the child has certainly done nothing wrong in all of this and is not responsible for the actions of her parents. The little thing is a victim if anything.

As for the statements....a certain TD has his finger in a lot of it as have various other people. Family got some bad advise and picked Dundalks biggest clown to speak for them. I assume that came as result of him being a former soldier, would have know Lisa and currently being a TD.

90% of Irish mothers would come and say their child slipped into such a life if they were told a cock and bull story and knew the extreme situation their grandchild and indeed child were in. Would take a very hard parent to walk away and say not my problem to both of them.

As I said I'd rather have our social services take a look at her first.

Her father has done allot of damage to their credibility, it's one thing to want to protect your family it's another to believe a cock and bull story about how she got to a country and what she did there.

Could they be trusted to make the right decisions going forward ? Maybe but I don't think they should be allowed do it alone.

They will need help as she will be ostracized and then along with her to a lesser extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

It’s not though. Vradkar is looking after his own affairs to the detriment of the rest of us.

Ahh come here....its happening every day for the last 2-3 weeks EU wide. So far no EU state has refused repatriation from Turkey to my knowledge. The Germans have had 7-8 cases last week alone....Merkel looking after her own affairs too???

Simple fact is if the EU dont accept these people Turkey are sending back Erdogan is saying he will open the borders and send masses to the EU. 1 to Ireland is better than 1,000+

Personally feel the Irish government have handled it very well, nothing was rushed and it seems things are in place.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    According to news reports, TUSLA are involved. Whatever their beliefs about Lisa, they are that baby's family. As she has just landed in the country and been removed from her mother the very best place for her to be is with relatives who won't just care for her physically but will love her too.

I don't believe they are to be honest, if a child is out up for adopted do those parents love it any less ?

Do the foster families in this country love the children under their care any less?

The family here have done themselves damage with their media outings and should be watched like a hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

LorelaiG wrote: »
    She. Not it.

She will most likely end up in foster care for most of her life. Like most other Irish kids who never get adopted because the system is broken.

Except that her relatives have already said that they will take care of the child...there is no talk of adoption or taken into care etc. At the end of the day, the law is the law, she is Lisa's Baby, so for sure she will have a say in the matter. Bearing in mind that as the Law stands. Lisa is innocent until proven guilty...and proving her guilty, that's going to be some task for the state. Because what ever she may have done abroad, she has not done anything wrong here in Ireland. It's quite conceivable that next week, she will be free as a bird, and reunited with her Child

Her father has done allot of damage to their credibility, it's one thing to want to protect your family it's another to believe a cock and bull story about how she got to a country and what she did there.

Could they be trusted to make the right decisions going forward ? Maybe but I don't think they should be allowed do it alone.

They will need help as she will be ostracized and then along with her to a lesser extent.

Social Services ARE involved.

Family is not only Lisas mother and father, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles etc. would come into question. Indeed I would imagine social welfare would not send the child to the grandparents directly as the press etc. would hound them. Better to get the child out of the line of fire. However one should not forget how stressing this will be for the child, so a familar face would be very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

jmreire wrote: »
    So she is back, landed in Dublin Airport at 10:30 this morning on Turkish Air Flight 1975 fro Istanbul, and was arrested on landing. Was met by Gardai, and currently being detained at a South Dublin Garda Station. He child is being cared for by her relatives.

Genuinely shocked that Micklín Dee wasn't at the airport to welcome her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No she didn't. She worked a job.

Membership of our Defence Forces is not just working a job.

Family is not only Lisas mother and father, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles etc. would come into question. Indeed I would imagine social welfare would not send the child to the grandparents directly as the press etc. would hound them. Better to get the child out of the line of fire. However one should not forget how stressing this will be for the child, so a familar face would be very welcome.

Are they familiar faces though ? The child has been away from them since she was born.

Social Services ARE involved.

That's great I hope they keep a good eye on them.

So you're saying that the parents who raised Lisa to become a serial ISIS "wife" are the best possible parental option for her daughter? :confused:

Are they familiar faces though ? The child has been away from them since she was born.

The family are on record as saying they were in regular contact via video chat etc. So the faces would be familiar....better than strangers over in the west who know nothing about the child or the family.

That's great I hope they keep a good eye on them.

Why, what do you think they are going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

No.

Fingers in ears moment.

Tell her that her parents are wonderful people who she should look up to and aspire to emulate.

171170 wrote: »
    So you're saying that the parents who raised Lisa to become a serial ISIS "wife" are the best possible parental option for her daughter? :confused:

Her parents did no such thing. And we have no idea who in the family is taking care of the baby. Could be a sibling/cousin/ Aunt/Uncle. Nor do we know what conditions they have to adhere to re who the child can and cannot be in contact with. That's what TUSLA are for.

The family are on record as saying they were in regular contact via video chat etc. So the faces would be familiar....better than strangers over in the west who know nothing about the child or the family.

I am sure as you know them you have the direct line more than I would but I still dont think putting the children in the welfare of a family who would not accept the reality of what their daughter did is the right thing.

It's just lazy to day a sure she would know them so let's leave her.

I would say they wouldn't necessarily see signs that she needs help ECT. Especially if Lisa starts getting back involved they wouldn't be in a position to protect the child from her.

• Advertisement

171170 wrote: »

Where did you get that bit of information that Lisa's parent's raised her to become a member of isis???? They had neither hand act or part of it. She was a full grown adult woman when she first decided to become a muslin, and later on became radicalised....her Parents had no part in it. And being a grand parent myself, you can be damn sure that if Lisa was my daughter, and in the same circumstances, No one, and I mean NO ONE, would take that child.

A lot of off colour comments here about the child and LS's family.

Like everything else, the publicity surrounding the child will die down. After the first few days, it will finish ( the interest in Lisa will last quite a while though) And it's quite possible that a Judge may ban all reporting on the child. That would be the logical thing to do.

elperello wrote: »
    Membership of our Defence Forces is not just working a job.
    Yes it is. They work. They get paid. They can quit. It's a job.

Lets not forget some of what her parents seem to be blind to.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-woman-who-joined-islamic-state-denies-training-young-girls-as-fighters-1.3947554

I would say considering her military training there is a strong probability it was used to train fighters. There are also the interviews and accusations against some of the cruel **** she did over there.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/family-believes-lisa-smith-innocent-of-all-charges-td-says-1.4081736

Then you have the family who see no evil and hear no evil and they are just given access to the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

you dont have to take an oath with most jobs

You may not realise it but you are insulting members of our Defence Forces.

I suggest you look up the Oath they take on joining.

The type of opinion you are espousing is unfortunately all too common in Ireland, in other countries more respect is shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

So the cells currently in Ireland shouldn’t be deported?

No they should be shot dead, hung, electric chair etc... change the laws i don't care. Enough pussy footing around with these creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I do solemnly swear (or declare) that I will be faithful to Ireland and loyal to the Constitution"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

The facts.

This woman saw what was going on with ISIS - not only murdering people but constantly dreaming up heinous and perverse ways to do it. Cutting off their heads, burning them alive in cages, boiling them in oil, drowning them in cages, binding them and throwing them off high buildings and stoning them if still alive - just to mention a few. Videos of these events were shot and uploaded across the Internet.

This woman decided, yes, this is what I want, this is the life for me, this is what I believe in, these are the things I want to see happening - so off she went and joined up.

I've always maintained that those men and women who left the West to join ISIS were just perverts who saw an opportunity to be able to carry out their perverse fantasies, not acceptable at home, in a place where they could not only freely commit more perverse atrocities but also become heroes for doing so.

This woman has only wanted to come back because her beloved ISIS has been destroyed - for now.

She should never be allowed see the light of day or her child again. Period.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement