Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

dennispenn wrote: »
    If joining a terrorist organization isn't worthy of being a crime in your world then God help us all.

You don't believe she was a member of IS?

In my world?
    In this country there is no offence of being a member of a terrorist organization, so I think you will find that is your world also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bubblypop wrote: »
    But it didn't though did it?
    All it did was gather more recruits for the republican side

Correct!

tuxy wrote: »
    I guess so, it worked well for the British when they did it.

For IS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

so is she willing to leave all her muslim isis crap behind and don normal clothes and adhere to our laws?

Anyone can wear whatever clothes they want in this country. Its a free country. But I do think it sad that women wear these burkas. To me it's a sign of oppression & backwardness. They are at odds with women's rights bit that's the same as the Catholic church and the way they oppressed women for years here.

For IS?

No they did it for the IRA, it was the perfect response and don't believe any history book that says otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

pablo128 wrote: »
    Muslim and Isis are not the same thing. .

All muslims are not followers of IS.
    All IS followers are muslims.
    Clear enough?

No they did it for the IRA, it was the perfect response and don't believe any history book that says otherwise.

I said IS. I specifically gave it in my answer and never mentioned the IRA.

Desperation shoe-horning.

Boggles wrote: »
    The Kurds are a terrorists according to Turkey.

Do you think the Kurds are criminals?
    I'd prefer to keep my comments for Lisa and the organization she joined.

I said IS. I specifically gave it in my answer and never mentioned the IRA.

My point is interment is the perfect solution as shown throughout history.

In my world?
    In this country there is no offence of being a member of a terrorist organization, so I think you will find that is your world also.

I thought there was. Shocked at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Boggles wrote: »
    The Kurds are a terrorists according to Turkey.

Do you think the Kurds are criminals?

the Kurds do associate with terrorists so they aint whiter than white

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

My point is interment is the perfect solution as shown throughout history.

You’re giving a completely different example as you’re desperate to turn this away from IS and into an IRA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Honest question. Would you be happy if Ireland started using a system of internment with no evidence or legitimate trial?

If we introduced indefinite internment for somebody who went abroad to assist in a terrorist organisation then I would be happy with that. Due process is often needed to prevent innocent people becoming victims of the system, I can't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that lisa smith is not a genuine participant in ISIS and a continued threat to our nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

silverharp wrote: »

There is no country or aspiring country whiter than white.

Britain's association with "terrorists" is long and varied.

I thought there was. Shocked at this.

Nope. The offence in Ireland is being a member of an unlawful organisation.
    Isis is not an unlawful organisation in this country.
    It will be interesting to see if there is anything they can do with Lisa Smith. I don't think they can do anything.

silverharp wrote: »

Plenty of Irish people associate with terrorists too.

If we introduced indefinite internment for somebody who went abroad to assist in a terrorist organisation then I would be happy with that. Due process is often needed to prevent innocent people becoming victims of the system, I can't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that lisa smith is not a genuine participant in ISIS and a continued threat to our nation.

Why not indefinite internment for someone who joins a terrorist organisation in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Why not indefinite internment for someone who joins a terrorist organisation in this country?

youre being pedantic here but yes I would also like to intern people who are members of the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Plenty of Irish people associate with terrorists too.

if the Irish Army did that would be different

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Nope. The offence in Ireland is being a member of an unlawful organisation.
    Isis is not an unlawful organisation in this country.
    It will be interesting to see if there is anything they can do with Lisa Smith. I don't think they can do anything.

Yeah I doubt there is anything that can easily be pinned on her. Her solicitor would have told her to answer no comment in the Garda interview I'd guess.

• Advertisement

youre being pedantic here but yes I would also like to intern people who are members of the IRA.

Tbf, people are innocent until proven guilty.
    Internment is never an answer & only ever makes more recruits for the organisation that is interned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Yeah I doubt there is anything that can easily be pinned on her. Her solicitor would have told her to answer no comment in the Garda interview I'd guess.

Accidents happen to people in custody, we can only hope

Yes because when they did it calmed things right down. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

All muslims are not followers of IS.
    All IS followers are muslims.
    Clear enough?
    I don't know why you're quoting me. This is the post I was responding to. Unless you want to outlaw the Muslim religion in Ireland?
    so is she willing to leave all her muslim isis crap behind and don normal clothes and adhere to our laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Sounds like we need to remove the right to religious freedom as a fundamental right from the constitution.

I'm surprised by the number of extreme communist policies advocated by some posters on here. I didn't think people were that far to the left. There were even some advocating internment a few days ago.

I’m all for internment as long as its just politicians, priests and bankers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If she was a bloke this would be a different story

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    If she was a bloke this would be a different story

Man gives birth to baby girl?

Be different all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What direct act of aggression have IS commuted against Ireland? This would be a minimum requirement for treason.

ISIS have declared war on all infidels, nation states, all non wahabist Muslims. Just because they were far away doesn't mean they don't intend war on us.

Now the odds on them taking Europe, one country at a time we're low but had they beaten the Syrians, Iraqis and rolled into Lebanon, they would have had a formidable army.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

baldbear wrote: »
    Anyone can wear whatever clothes they want in this country. Its a free country. But I do think it sad that women wear these burkas. To me it's a sign of oppression & backwardness. They are at odds with women's rights bit that's the same as the Catholic church and the way they oppressed women for years here.

There has been a fairly noticeable increase in Muslims around our town in the last few years. Just the other days I saw a couple of young Muslim guys in the supermarket, they were very fit, gym types, wearing trendy expensive Nike sports gear, typical western clothing. As I looked they walked over to a similarly aged woman who was obviously with them, she was wearing a black skirt down to the ground rather like a gypsy, he full face was showing but the rest of her body and head was covered in jet black robes and head scarf. It was quite starling to see the massive contrast between the Muslim men and the women.

• Advertisement

You’re giving a completely different example as you’re desperate to turn this away from IS and into an IRA thread.

No I'm taking about interment, something that has the backing of many posters on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement