Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I heard this morning she is refusing to answer some ISIL related questions. It needs to be clarified what these questions are. She is a liar and evil. Her whole demeanour and attitude are alarming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

splinter65 wrote: »
    All of the posts arguing that she’s technically not done anything wrong in a legal sense, all of the posts arguing as to why she had a right to be repatriated, can all be interpreted as sympathetic to Ms Smith.
    A natural human reaction would be to be repulsed and revolted at someone who was so attracted to the monstrous brutality of a regime like ISIS that they went to enormous lengths to be a part of it.
    And to be apprehensive about such a person being free to return to live unrestricted in the general population.
    Of course your absolutely free to feel that her civil liberties should not be curtailed in any way. That’s your right.
    But at least be honest about it.

Understanding the law as it currently stands and being repulsed by someone who joins ISIS are not mutually exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It could however indicate Narcissistic Personality disorder which is a mental illness

I used to try to excuse people’s terrible behaviour as being some kind of disorder or other. I still think that some people do suffer from little “blips”.
    But as I’ve got older I’ve had to expect that some people are just horrible.
    I’ve a feeling Ms Smith fits in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

you want to put somebody on trial when we have no evidence they have committed a crime. do i have that right at least?

No, you don't have that right at least.

I'm not interested in pursuing the jurisprudence angle with you.

I am simply responding to your careless conflation of Islam with Islamic terrorism here -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921640&postcount=1011

When I very specifically referred to the ideology as a mental illness here -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921690&postcount=1013

You tried to twist that, as though you don't know the difference between an ideology on the one hand, and the personal responsibility of individual sane 'people' who subscribe to it's nonsense on the other -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921701&postcount=1014

Clearly I believe in principle that individual people should face trial for their actions, and that much could have been surmised easily by an honest reader.

Yet now, out of the blue and based on nothing I actually said, you suggest I have knowledge of Lisa Smyth's activities.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921783&postcount=1021

You're being duplicitous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

All of the posts arguing that she’s technically not done anything wrong in a legal sense, all of the posts arguing as to why she had a right to be repatriated, can all be interpreted as sympathetic to Ms Smith.
    A natural human reaction would be to be repulsed and revolted at someone who was so attracted to the monstrous brutality of a regime like ISIS that they went to enormous lengths to be a part of it.
    And to be apprehensive about such a person being free to return to live unrestricted in the general population.
    Of course your absolutely free to feel that her civil liberties should not be curtailed in any way. That’s your right.
    But at least be honest about it.

You can read outside the box, fair play to you and you're not brain washed with social constructs.

Anyone who's attracted to the brutality of the IS have serious problems.

Sometimes I think there's a minority of people posting on this thread who are definitely on the NPD spectrum.

They will not be able to see where you I or other poster's are coming from.

I can see where they're coming from,and it's not where I've been.

It's over the hills there somewhere, a dot on the horizon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Difference is they're not all over the Irish media channels like a bad suit.

That's not Lisa's fault though, is it?
    We don't talk about taking children off members of the IRA do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

I think most fair minded people would like to give her the benefit of the doubt. But then you are talking about a person that ended up in Syria being a cheer leader for Isis. And was disappointed when her utopia failed. Sounds like she would rather still be over there doing her ISISY type things (not good).

So I'd never feel safe if she's left to roam the land and be stewing away. She could blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nthclare wrote: »
    I know that, there's a lot of people in the Irish army who are medic's, too and have a lot of other experience in different trades.

They could be engineer's one week,then 4 weeks later slopping out in mud huts in East Timor, crawling through low lying shrub's....

Just because she was a flight attendant doesn't mean she couldn't have been a professional soldier either.

she was not a steely-eyed dealer of death.

No, you don't have that right at least.

I'm not interested in pursuing the jurisprudence angle with you.

I am simply responding to your careless conflation of Islam with Islamic terrorism here -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921640&postcount=1011

When I very specifically referred to the ideology as a mental illness here -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921690&postcount=1013

You tried to twist that, as though you don't know the difference between an ideology on the one hand, and the personal responsibility of individual sane 'people' who subscribe to it's nonsense on the other -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921701&postcount=1014

Clearly I believe in principle that individual people should face trial for their actions, and that much could have been surmised easily by an honest reader.

Yet now, out of the blue and based on nothing I actually said, you suggest I have knowledge of Lisa Smyth's activities.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111921783&postcount=1021

You're being duplicitous.

so what is it you think she should be charged with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nthclare wrote: »

Sometimes I think there's a minority of people posting on this thread who are definitely on the NPD spectrum.

Are you referring to the people advocating internment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I heard this morning she is refusing to answer some ISIL related questions.

I heard people have an actual right not to answer questions!

I heard that the Gardaí when arresting people actually have to tell them they have this right!

PC gone mad!

I heard that the Gardaí when arresting people actually have to tell them they have this right!

PC gone mad!

This is exactly what the libtards want!

Boggles wrote: »
    So what do you want?

An echo chamber of mouth breathers trying to out Edgelord each other by describing how they would torture her?

There is other sites that cater for that.

All your fatuous buzzwords to hand, in one sentence. Neat.

How many times a week do you throw out the word 'Edgelord' at people ?

:D

PC gone mad!

In some countries it is required for the police to gather evidence without being reliant on the person incriminating themselves.

Did she really have a meal with her mum, dad and sister after her arrest?

That doesn’t happen to anyone else, does it?

so what is it you think she should be charged with?

On what grounds are you asking ?

I referred to Islamist terrorism as mental illness.

Not to it's individual proponents as mentally ill.

They can be tried, and bloody well ought to be.
    On what grounds are you asking ?

I see you deleted your original post where you claimed not to be asking for her to tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

This is exactly what the libtards want!

Libtards want a fair system of justice? What's the issue with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

PC gone mad!

I hear people have the right not to have their heads chopped off. I hear people have the right not to see their wives gang raped. I hear people have the the right to live in peace.

This piece of scum waved all rights when she joined ISIL.

Effects wrote: »
    Libtards want a fair system of justice? What's the issue with that?

They want the muslim terrorists to win.

• Advertisement

This piece of scum waved all rights when she joined ISIL.

What, she wrote them on a flag, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People pointing out that Irish law may not be able to punish her, and people pointing out that Ireland will eventually have to take her back, are in no way sympathetic towards her.

This is just providing information.

It's a ridiculous standard to have to interpret something as sympathy. Deliberately ridiculous, I suppose, so you can waffle on about sympathy.

What time is little break finished?

Ask the teacher supervising ye.

So getting back to the question of evidence it would seem we are totally reliant on Intel from America when they had some part in running the prison camp in Syria. I believe we may have no evidence on what she did before being imprisoned.

Rubbish.

are you saying that you didnt delete a post that made that claim?

are you saying that you didnt delete a post that made that claim?

I think he means the post was rubbish so had to be deleted.

tuxy wrote: »
    I think he means the post was rubbish so had to be deleted.

well that is certainly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

you want to put somebody on trial when we have no evidence they have committed a crime. do i have that right at least?

Can you please post your knowledge of what Lisa Smith has actually done, your opininion of it and what you think that means now that she has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

bubblypop wrote: »
    Which would, I suggest, prove that it is just a religion, same as any other. Some followers take it to extremes, some are more relaxed.

Sorry to disagree bubblypop....but there is no other religion like Islam, I tried to explain it earlier....Islam is not just a "Religion" in the accepted sense, but it's also a highly political force too. Google how many Countries in the world are considered Islamic, meaning that the law of the Land is Sharia. And the Shar lays down pretty hard law's and punishments for anyone who break's it, and that include's non-muslims too. Recently in Iran, for example, one woman who was advocating removal of the law that made it mandatory for women to wear the Hijab, was sentenced to 38 years in prison,and 138 Lashes. So no, its not like any other religion. It can be a brutal murderous dictatorship too, In fact, when isis were being charged for brutality, the simply pointed out the relevant passages in Quran which legitimised their action's.

• Advertisement

Can you please post your knowledge of what Lisa Smith has actually done, your opininion of it and what you think that means now that she has returned.

Nobody has any knowledge of what she has done. from a criminal perspective at least. we are also unlikely to ever receive any knowledge of same unless she admits to it. what that means is that she is unlikely to face a criminal trial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement