Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

splinter65 wrote: »
    Be as sarcastic, dismissive and patronising as you like bubblypop, but people have very real concerns about someone with her already proven level of malevolence and determination to see real violence visited on others being given free rein to just return to a civilised society.
    Tell us, as confident as you are about how benign she is, are you happy enough with LS to let her be in a caring role with either children or other vulnerable people?

I stated that terrorists in this country are monitored.
    What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Being a Muslim woman will get you a bit of leeway with some people around here.

Substitute Lisa Smith, the girl who ran off to join an Islamic terror organisation for Jimmy Kelly, the guy who ran off to join a white supremacist terror organisation and you won’t find any of those glib comments about the silly people on the plane, long winded arguments about whether he was deported or not, concern that the Gardaí are holding him without sufficient reason, explaining the situation ad nauseam to every single poster who suggests he shouldn’t have been allowed back in.

Nobody is sympathising with her directly but you know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Well she's in the right garda station for some tasty halal anyway. Probably gorging herself on a chicken shish from Passion 4 Food right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Being a Muslim woman will get you a bit of leeway with some people around here.

Substitute Lisa Smith, the girl who ran off to join an Islamic terror organisation for Jimmy Kelly, the guy who ran off to join a white supremacist terror organisation and you won’t find any of those glib comments about the silly people on the plane, long winded arguments about whether he was deported or not, concern that the Gardaí are holding him without sufficient reason, explaining the situation ad nauseam to every single poster who suggests he shouldn’t have been allowed back in.

Nobody is sympathising with her directly but you know...

Is this the man that is wanted by the UK and we would be happy to extradite if we found him and the request was made?
    Wouldn't that be a legitimate , legal request?

tuxy wrote: »
    Is this the man that is wanted by the UK and we would be happy to extradite him if found him and the request was made?
    Wouldn't that be a legitimate , legal request?

I’ve no idea. I just made up the name and organisation just there.
    It would be very weird if it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/723942/ISIS-kills-250-children-dough-kneader-burns-men-alive-oven-Syria-Open-Doors-report

This is what we are letting enter the country.

Won't end well.

This woman is radicalised and wants to implement ISIL beliefs and laws here.

Oh? Any proof to that claim or are you just jumping on the hyperbole bandwagon?

I’ve no idea. I just made up the name and organisation just there.
    It would be very weird if it was.

Oh I was thinking you had found some precedent when it came to a case like this. It would be very interesting if you did as it would clear up a lot of unknown questions.

Jimmy Kelly is wanted by interpol on drugs offences it's possible he is also a white supremacist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

Effects wrote: »
    How is that different to how the Catholic Church won't let you leave? At least Muslims are upfront about it.

Where did you hear that??? What's stopping you from leaving? A Christian's religion is between him /herself and God.There is no external compulsion for anyone to join or remain a Christian. But the Quran is a different kettle of fish, leaving Islam is considered to be Apostasy, and the punishment for that is death. And under isis, people who left Islam were killed.And there are Islamic countries where this is still the punishment. In Hasakh Camp, isis prisoners had to be seperated ( even in the women's camp's) from the hardliner isis extremists, to the ones who were not so fanatical for their own protection. Isis kept a tight sharia control in the camps. If Lisa decide's to leave ( which so far is doubtful ) she would be safe enough here in Ireland. But if she ever travelled to another Islamic Country, her safety could not be guaranteed.

Oh I was thinking you had found some precedent when it came to a case like this. It would be very interesting if you did as it would clear up a lot of unknown questions.

All I’m saying is none of the stuff being said in here would be said in that hypothetical thread. It would be “let him rot where he is” and everyone would agree. Except maybe a couple of day old weirdo accounts.

All I’m saying is none of the stuff being said in here would be said in that hypothetical thread. It would be “let him rot where he is” and everyone would agree. Except maybe a couple of day old weirdo accounts.

But we could not stop him being extradited unless he was a citizen of another country. So in the case you propose he would be home by now too. If he was also from Dundalk people may be asking for him to be left to rot there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

rafatoni wrote: »
    Is it true she got eddie rockets delivered on Sunday and her family were allowed to eat it with here??? Cant be true surely?

Eddie Rockett's food is overpriced mank. As a taxpayer I would certainly object to this.

Abrakebabra would have offered better value for money, and is halal compliant.

But we could not stop him being extradited unless he was a citizen of another country. So in the case you propose he would be home by now too. If he was also from Dundalk people may be asking for him to be left to rot there.

No we couldn’t but people wouldn’t be putting so much effort into making that point as is being made here. It’s all a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Just had a quick glance over the act so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    A chief superintendent can apply to a judge to keep her in custody for a maximum of five days. But that's it, she would have to be charged with some crime at that stage or she is free to go.

Open to correction, but I believe section 30 is 3 days....then it’s charge or release, so she might be released overnight or released/charged in the morning.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Eddie Rockett's food is overpriced mank. As a taxpayer I would certainly object to this.

Abrakebabra would have offered better value for money, and is halal compliant.

Maybe she was, you can ask for something more expensive if you or your family pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Despite the apparent wishes of some people on this thread, I believe she will be charged and convicted of serious terrorist offences. There is a very strong case against her under the 2005 Terrorist Offences Act. This Act allows conviction for terrorist offences on foreign soil. There will be international intelligence information, statements from witnesses, and other circumstantial evidence which will be more than enough to secure a conviction.

She has reportedly stopped co-operating, so her rehearsed story has ran dry. The Gardai have a bit of experience in dealing with terrorists. They know what she is. I can see her getting ten years.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/cormac-okeeffe/cormac-okeeffe-lisa-smith-arrest-suggests-possible-prosecution-for-terror-offences-968005.html

Lets hope so, perhaps I have underestimated the evidence they have.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

What kind of job would Smith find after they leave her out.
    Kebab shop? Selling authentic products from ISIS on eBay? Surely a book deal (getting liberals to sympathise for dummies). Or men are from ISIS, women are from Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

bubblypop wrote: »
    I stated that terrorists in this country are monitored.
    What are you talking about?

The only thing monitored by the Gardai in this country are the specials in the Lidl and Aldi catalogues

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Dante7 wrote: »
    Despite the apparent wishes of some people on this thread, I believe she will be charged and convicted of serious terrorist offences.

I haven't seen one serious poster suggest they wish she gets off. The opposite if anything.
    There is a very strong case against her under the 2005 Terrorist Offences Act. This Act allows conviction for terrorist offences on foreign soil. There will be international intelligence information, statements from witnesses, and other circumstantial evidence which will be more than enough to secure a conviction.

The case is only strong if they have evidence, you don't know that and neither do I or anyone else here.

So the case could be strong or it may not me, it depends on what evidence they have.
    She has reportedly stopped co-operating, so her rehearsed story has ran dry. The Gardai have a bit of experience in dealing with terrorists.

They do, but a lot of the experienced ones are long gone.

I think it's 50/50 like I said earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Simon Coveney is in Gaza today promoting us giving them money for new water infrastructure. I don't think he'd do that the day before we were about to release an ISIS terrorist without charge.

• Advertisement

The only thing monitored by the Gardai in this country are the specials in the Lidl and Aldi catalogues

I take it you have no faith in our police force yet you claim that the same police should be able to intern people based off the word of a Garda Officer.

Luckily for you & everyone else here, AGS have many years monitoring & convicting terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Limpy wrote: »
    What kind of job would Smith find after they leave her out.
    Kebab shop? Selling authentic products from ISIS on eBay? Surely a book deal (getting liberals to sympathise for dummies). Or men are from ISIS, women are from Dundalk.

I’d say she’s probably typecast as a “full time mad bastard” now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Effects wrote: »
    How is that different to how the Catholic Church won't let you leave? At least Muslims are upfront about it.

Can you give me an example of anyone being prevented from leaving the Catholic Church? Please don’t bore the pants off me either with some agony about the PP not taking your name of the baptismal register. The PP can’t pretend that your parents didn’t bring you to the church to be baptised because they actually did.
    No, I want to see some examples of how the RCC compare with Islam when you stop observing.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I don't know what she's going to do. She'll be hounded everywhere she goes if she's not charged with anything. Probably better off leaving the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I take it you have no faith in our police force yet you claim that the same police should be able to intern people based off the word of a Garda Officer.

They are corrupt to the core, saying that from the experience of going to school with a few of them and having a few of them married to cousins. The only time they shift is when the Minister is doing the rounds or the curry chips are going cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

bubblypop wrote: »
    Luckily for you & everyone else here, AGS have many years monitoring & convicting terrorists.

You never told us if you’d be happy enough to see LS settled into a paid caring role bubblypop. Would you?

They are corrupt to the core, saying that from the experience of going to school with a few of them and having a few of them married to cousins. The only time they shift is when the Minister is doing the rounds or the curry chips are going cold.

The why advocate interment based on this?
    Word of a Military intelligence/G2/ Garda Officer would be fine by me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Said on newstalk this morning that she’s refusing to answer a lot of questions. Aren’t they allowed to draw their own conclusions from this.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Her previous 4 Husband's all committed suicide in Syria. I see a pattern there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement