If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed 65” TV

Options
  • 21-11-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I’m interested in a 65” tv for bit of everything, movies, sport, Netflix, gaming etc. I’ve had a good look at the following three and am looking for a recommendation or if there’s something different in similar price range. LG 65UM7660PLA 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play Freesat, Hisense 65U7BUK 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart ULED TV Freeview Play or Philips 65PUS6554 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play
    Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Keptgoing wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m interested in a 65” tv for bit of everything, movies, sport, Netflix, gaming etc. I’ve had a good look at the following three and am looking for a recommendation or if there’s something different in similar price range. LG 65UM7660PLA 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play Freesat, Hisense 65U7BUK 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart ULED TV Freeview Play or Philips 65PUS6554 65 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play
    Thanks
    Darren
    Hi Keptgoing.

Thanks for the post.

I would go for the LG is it would be the better of the 3. It has a much faster processor, it also has micro dimming which produces a better contrast and therefor a better image.

The Hisense would be a close 2nd but is currently in very short supply.

The Philips is currently showing as an in-store only collection and can not be shipped.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keptgoing

Hi Keptgoing.

Thanks for the post.

I would go for the LG is it would be the better of the 3. It has a much faster processor, it also has micro dimming which produces a better contrast and therefor a better image.

The Philips is currently showing as an in-store only collection and can not be shipped.

Thanks Kenny for the reply. Would the LG Nano TVs be dramatically better to that one. And would you always recommend a sound bar with any one we pick

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Keptgoing wrote: »
    Hi Keptgoing.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Kenny for the reply. Would the LG Nano TVs be dramatically better to that one. And would you always recommend a sound bar with any one we pick
    Hi Keptgoing.

The Nano tech ones are even better again, they gives enhanced colours and a wider viewing angle.

A soundbar is really down to the individual as everyone is different.

The sound from most flat screen televisions can be a little lack luster and a soundbar will always add more to the TV watching experience.

Something like the YAS207 would be a great addition. Priced at £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.