Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons - How many to commit to?

Options
  • 21-11-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if people have an opinion on how many lessons you need to make it worthwhile?

Thinking of asking for 5 as an Xmas present. Should I expect a reasonable improvement with 5? Or would you be looking at least 10?

Also would people space them out weekly, 2 weekly or monthly?

Just looking for some thoughts. Dont want to book and pay for 5 and find out I need 25 to make any real changes.

20 handicapper at a guess (nothing official).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

For some 1 lesson is enough for some 50 will not be enough, if u are starting from basics 5 should get u a long way down the road.
    All depends on how many range sessions or rounds u are going to play between lessons, I would prefer to have 6 range sessions and at least 2 rounds between lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

A good teaching pro will send you away after lesson to work on one thing at a time and ask you to just work on this then 5 lessons can be plenty and spread out to maximize your potential

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Just wondering if people have an opinion on how many lessons you need to make it worthwhile?

Thinking of asking for 5 as an Xmas present. Should I expect a reasonable improvement with 5? Or would you be looking at least 10?

Also would people space them out weekly, 2 weekly or monthly?

Just looking for some thoughts. Dont want to book and pay for 5 and find out I need 25 to make any real changes.

20 handicapper at a guess (nothing official).

Its a long process imo, probably months worth of work. E.g Take a lesson maybe another one 2 or 3 weeks later then every 3 weeks or so if you are working on what you are being taught. Ingraining the changes is the most difficult part. Lots of work between lessons.

Maybe you are lucky though and have fairly good fundamentals already. I didn't and needed to change some fairly fundamental things about my swing.

5 is a decent number i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It really depends on what you're getting the lessons for. Like whether it's a complete swing change or a fine tune. I would say three at a minimum and if more, break after three, do your work ons and then go back for another few if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thanks guys, I've booked a 5 lesson package with Eoin Gibbons (xmas present).

Was between him and Barry Power so hopefully chosen right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement