Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This lad missing. Why such a weird article

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thejournal just look at every story before hitting post,

This thread is proof they made the right call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Unbelievably he is actually claiming to be 13 , yes 13 years of age,

i mean he isnt even trying to be convincing as a liar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Yurt! wrote: »
    With his surname and the headwear in the photo, one would suspect he's an Indian Sikh.

They Sikh him here
    They Sikh him there
    His clothes are loud
    But never square

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Guy in the top right is considering going back to the warzone
    Maybe he will go back for a holiday https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/refugees-going-on-holidays-must-stop-says-merkel-36074971.html
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    Unbelievably he is actually claiming to be 13 , yes 13 years of age
    Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Unbelievably he is actually claiming to be 13 , yes 13 years of age,

i mean he isnt even trying to be convincing as a liar

I take it you are joking or rather I hope you are joking

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I take it you are joking or rather I hope you are joking

i am not ,
    he arrived in the country less than 24 hours before he went "missing " claiming to be an unaccompanied minor

its from a source that is not open to the public but that i have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

i am not ,
    he arrived in the country less than 24 hours before he went "missing " claiming to be an unaccompanied minor

its from a source that is not open to the public but that i have seen

Tbh I am not one bit surprised. It was rampant where I worked before and after the jungle in Calais we started medical testing, including dentistry to age people. Do gooders put a stop to it. One case involved gave his age as 15, on medical testing his bone density etc aged I'm in excess of his 30's.

Probably knew they were on to him and took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

13??

Surely a typo !!

More like 31

• Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

Really brings into question immigration policy and vetting procedures when we have a lad who's gone missing, has a photo taken from what appears to be a passport or some ID and yet they don't know his age. Or else they know his age and know it's bull****.

If we don't know his age, what else do we not know about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

washman3 wrote: »
    From my time in GAA, a juvenile player was Under-16.
    Judging from this:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/children_and_young_offenders/garda_juvenile_diversion_programme.html

Gardaí seem to regard "juvenile" as meaning aged from 12 years up to under 18 years.

• Advertisement

A missing persons report has just been circulated for a lad from Cavan. He’s 17 and they clearly state that, they always do.

Except this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

:D

Is that you at bottom left in that montage :eek: ?

Looks Strawberry to me :D

As to the age issue,could this lad have made it to Rosslare ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-children-among-asylum-seekers-found-on-ferry-bound-for-ireland-38715699.html
    "They were discovered by staff on the Stena Horizon that generally patrol the lower deck, possibly heard noises coming from the trailer and they summoned the driver."

He described the men as having some "broken English", and said that they are believed to be between 20 and 35, although they are seeking to establish if one of them is a juvenile.

We wish the Gardai well.....:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Is that you at bottom left in that montage :eek: ?

Looks Strawberry to me :D

I’m trying to work out wtf the white thing is going across her chest. Is it a sling?

I’m trying to work out wtf the white thing is going across her chest. Is it a sling?

It's an A4 Page,one of most likely several thousand that each appliction will generate.....:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's actually getting worse so are the pro fake asylum seekers support group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You look at Sweden and Germany and think where the **** are we going to be in 10-15 years.

We are a country of 4.8million or whatever. It is unsustainable to be taking in people at the rate we are. Basically cultural suicide.

We cannot be taking in uncontrolled immigration at the rate we are doing. €320 million towards Direct Provisions centres over the next few years is ridiculous.

It's a bad system and they are putting more money into it. It's bad for the local communities and the Asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

What would you class as a juvenile.

The definition of a juvenile is very young/ childish. In my opinion a juvenile teenager would indicate pre teen / younger teenage years

When it comes to the criminal justice system and TUSLA, the people who deal with missing persons, juveniles are persons under 18 and require additional procedures to be enacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Goes to show how fooked up the whole process is when that fella is classed as a juvenile.

And the morons in The journal are worse to even put it in the article, Stevie wonder could see he's an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The journos are still learning to self-censor for the "greater good". You see it by comments being turned off.

Swedish mainstream papers used to allow anonymous comments, then moved to facebook connected comments, then turned them off altogether.

There can be only one version of events; the papers'

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    You look at Sweden and Germany and think where the **** are we going to be in 10-15 years.

We are a country of 4.8million or whatever. It is unsustainable to be taking in people at the rate we are. Basically cultural suicide.

We cannot be taking in uncontrolled immigration at the rate we are doing. €320 million towards Direct Provisions centres over the next few years is ridiculous.

It's a bad system and they are putting more money into it. It's bad for the local communities and the Asylum seekers.

Don't be selling us short !

Add to the €320,000,000 the €817,000,000 which we are gifting in Overseas Aid in 2019.

By far the greatest issue in all of this is the Uno Voce principle applied by ALL mainstream political parties,which will have to be dismantled if any progress is to be made.

Make no mistake,but if this current wave of dubious migration is allowed to continue,it will very quickly transport Ireland back to a close representation of the 1950's State we speak so witheringly about....the only difference will be beards and headgear :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

A missing persons report has just been circulated for a lad from Cavan. He’s 17 and they clearly state that, they always do.

Except this one.

They obviously knew that if they gave his age as 13, which apparently he claimed to be, even the bleeding hearts and do-gooders wouldn't be able to keep a straight face when they saw the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

sabat wrote: »
    What's the problem? He's an Afghan teenager with two Indian surnames and prenaturally lush facial hair who fled the war and made it all the way here unaccompanied. Perfectly believable.

Probably an Afghan Sikh, in which case he probably would have a case for asylum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_Afghanistan

Most likely gone to relatives in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Even the likes of Colm Gorman would have a hard time holding up the straight face for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

goose2005 wrote: »
    Probably an Afghan Sikh, in which case he probably would have a case for asylum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_Afghanistan

Most likely gone to relatives in England.

They Sikh him here, they Sikh him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Even the likes of Colm Gorman would have a hard time holding up the straight face for this one.

The likes of O'Gorman is so deeply imbedded in the SJW industry that he won't have anything to say about this, I can guarantee it. And neither will people higher on the food chain than him, LV and the rest of them.

The leader of the second largest political party was getting on his high horse recently regarding some relatively mild comments made by some minor figure in FG. I had never even heard of the latter person before Martin demanded her head on a plate. Michael Martin I have always considered to be a low grade traditional parish pump style politician who would never have become leader of his party if it wasn't for the financial crash. He had a good recession, in that he was part of the inner FF circle but not so much part of it that he would have to fall on his sword. Martin would want to be careful less anyone air some dirty laundry about him (and, make no mistake, everyone over the age of 12 or so has dirty laundry).

The problem that we have is the entire politico-legal-media establishment is firmly imbedded into the idea that any criticisms made by anyone, on any occasion, of any immigrant are automatically racist. That's where were at in Ireland in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I hear he matched with Lisa Smith on Tinder and is off on his first date with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I hear he matched with Lisa Smith on Tinder and is off on his first date with her.

Hope they have a blast. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Unknown to the Irish security services Smith travelled back to Ireland the next year. She left her Tunisian husband and resumed working with Georgelas, this time contacting local jihadists. Five years after converting, Smith had become one of the country’s most radicalised Muslims. She did not stay in Ireland long, returning to Syria to join Georgelas, with whom she lived for several months in the Isis terror capital Raqqa. Her husband asked her to return, claiming he was depressed since she left.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-secret-life-of-irish-jidahist-lisa-smith-d95qpx8mq

Sub required for full article, but you can register for free and get three articles a week. If the above article is correct, then it follows that is Verona Murphy is also factually correct to state that some immigrants coming to Ireland have ISIS sympathies. The media gangbang against her is preposterous, and hopefully the voters will vote accordingly.

Advertisement