Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG C9 different models

• 22-11-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi.

Looking at getting a C9 during Black Friday sales. I see however that there are different C9 models at different price points. What are the main difference.

Assume the panels are the same and the differences are due to the TVs processing power etc?

Harvey Norman have a OLED65C9PLA for 2,179. Ive also seen a OLED65E9PUA for sale at higher prices. What’s the main difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Hi.

Looking at getting a C9 during Black Friday sales. I see however that there are different C9 models at different price points. What are9 the main difference.

Assume the panels are the same and the differences are due to the TVs processing power etc?

Harvey Norman have a OLED65C9PLA for 2,179. Ive also seen a OLED65E9PUA for sale at higher prices. What’s the main difference?

I'm in a similar situation.

From what I can tell there are 3 models:

B9
    C9
    E9

You can look up their specs and reviews online, but for me it's between B9 and C9, leaning towards the C9 because the finish looks a bit better and sound seems better.

The displays are technically identical from what the reviews are saying online.

No idea about the E9.

The tv is 2,179 in a few places this week, not sure it will go any lower, but we can only hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

colm_c wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation.

From what I can tell there are 3 models:

B9
    C9
    E9

You can look up their specs and reviews online, but for me it's between B9 and C9, leaning towards the C9 because the finish looks a bit better and sound seems better.

The displays are technically identical from what the reviews are saying online.

No idea about the E9.

The tv is 2,179 in a few places this week, not sure it will go any lower, but we can only hope!

Did more research.

PLA is the EU model while PUA is the US model.

I went with the C9 for a bit under 2,179 after haggling. From what I can tell:

All 3 models have the same panel. The B9 uses an older chipset and isn’t as good at rendering and up scaling. The E9 has a better build using more expensive materials such as more glass. However the picture it produces is the same as the C9.

The C9 was the winner for me. I was side by side with a Samsung QLED. It blew it out of the water especially in dark scenes. No comparison.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

RicherSounds has the C9 for €1,499 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Slaanesh wrote: »
    RicherSounds has the C9 for €1,499 today.

55 inch is 1499, 65 inch is 2179

Advertisement