Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension cost

Options
  • 22-11-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I'm looking for advice please. We are looking to buy a house in Marino but would need to extend by 1000 sq feet or there abouts. I'm trying to figure out if we would be able to afford to extend if we do buy. I have heard a figure of 3k per sq metres to extend which is waaaaay beyond our budget. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

aineo wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for advice please. We are looking to buy a house in Marino but would need to extend by 1000 sq feet or there abouts. I'm trying to figure out if we would be able to afford to extend if we do buy. I have heard a figure of 3k per sq metres to extend which is waaaaay beyond our budget. Any help much appreciated.

100 Sq. M extension in Marino.
    Assuming some form of 2 storey?
    Do you have to carry out any works to the existing house?

You won’t see change from €200k plus depending on finish and whether you are refurbing the existing house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aineo

Thanks kceire. I meant to add, yes, there will be some internal updating to do, we're not looking to do anything too fancy, but it would be 2 story. I'm just wondering if it would be realistic to budget 200k for everything. What would be the going rate for sq metre? Thanks in advance for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

You could possibly get the Extension built for between €2000-€2500 per square meter, but with internal refurbishment also included, Insulation/Plaster to main house I would consider peeling back the extension size somewhat, to 70/80m2 max.

Advertisement