Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player Not working

Options
  • 22-11-2019 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm trying to play a video but getting the following message - "Windows Media Player can't play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file". The video played for me last week without a problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Logo wrote: »
    Hi. I'm trying to play a video but getting the following message - "Windows Media Player can't play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file". The video played for me last week without a problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Download VLC. WMP is muck

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

mordeith wrote: »
    Download VLC. WMP is muck

Most of the files are in 1080p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AM] format. Some are in VLC format. Just wondering why WMP that was watchable last week isn't available today. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks sugarman that worked. Honestly appreciate you help.

Advertisement