Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual monitor capability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

What graphics card is in the computer now?

Use both at the same time? As in have a game spread across two monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

XMG wrote: »
    What graphics card is in the computer now?

Thanks very much for the reply

The graphics card is GEforce RTX 2070

His computer is an ESL its prebuilt. And yes I think he would like to have option of playing across both monitors, or play on one screen with chat on the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Game spread over 2 monitors is terrible as your focus is usually on the middle of the game area, right where the bezels of two monitor would be.

But gaming on one screen and what ever else you want on the other would work no problem with that setup.

tuxy wrote: »
    Game spread over 2 monitors is terrible as your focus is usually on the middle of the game area, right where the bezels of two monitor would be.

But gaming on one screen and what ever else you want on the other would work no problem with that setup.

Would the second monitor come with relevant cables to connect to the other? theres no 2 pin plug for instance on the monitor he bought last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You don't connect the monitors together, just plug them into the graphics card and it does all the work after that.
    The 2070 has 1 hdmi port and 3 display ports I believe.
    So you can use hdmi and display port cables from the monitors or two display port cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Would the second monitor come with relevant cables to connect to the other? theres no 2 pin plug for instance on the monitor he bought last year

The two monitors will plug into the PC, not into each other. and that card should support two monitors easily enough.

The link you specified for the second monitor states that it comes with an included HDMI cable also

Worth noting he'll need another socket for a power cable. Sometimes can be forgotten about (as in I forgot about it last time I bought a second monitor)

RedXIV wrote: »
    The two monitors will plug into the PC, not into each other. and that card should support two monitors easily enough.

The link you specified for the second monitor states that it comes with an included HDMI cable also

Worth noting he'll need another socket for a power cable. Sometimes can be forgotten about (as in I forgot about it last time I bought a second monitor)

second socket on the wall? double socket extension lead will do the trick

Advertisement