Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Corbyn- Britain under his leadership

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Rodin wrote: »
    Any man who can't even fix his crooked glasses, has no business trying to fix a country.

I will be mildly surprised if i dont see this reported in the daily express tomorrow with the headline "corbyn slated by voters for being crooked".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Corbyn is right in a way in what he's proposing

Only concern of the Tories is their own ilk and keep the peasants from revolting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Berserker5 wrote: »

Only concern of the Tories is their own ilk and keep the peasants from revolting

he's proposing things he cant do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Better than the elitist, racist Tories. Simple as that.

Yeah, Labour Party anti-semitism is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,355 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In what way is he right, in a way?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Youz might find this podcast interesting. Ian Dale talks to Tom Bower on his unofficial biography of JC.

https://player.fm/series/iain-dales-book-club/chapter-30-tom-bower

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

flazio wrote: »
    Higher earners pay for all of that themselves. (well, private transport instead of public)

private transport using publically funded infrastructure.
    Ireland has nationalised:
    Mail
    Water
    Rail
    Bus

Broadband is on the way. Do we fall foul of EU State aid rules and competition law?

interestingly enough, apparently the relevant people within the EU helped ireland to insure it didn't breach state aid rules in terms of the broadband contract.
    nearly every european railway is nationalised. it was only britain who tried privatization.
    now, as i understand it, there are some rail services tendered out to private companies currently in germany, and there are some long distance private operators operating off their own back in a few countries competing with the nationalised operator (unsure of exact details)
    the 4th railway package i understand encourages tendering but from what i understand, based on the british experience, there isn't much support from members for either it's implementation as a whole, or just that aspect, again i'm unsure of exacts and greater details.
    realistically the only way nationalisation should breach state aid rules and competition rules, is if corbyn was to bann private companies from using the infrastructure, which as i understand is not going to be the case, or if the state company gets more favourable terms in terms of being able to use the infrastructure.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

how are they racist? they're no more racist than Labour are anti-semitic.

Labour is no more anti-Semitic now than it was under its previous (Jewish) leader. It only became an 'issue' after all the other attempts to smear Corbyn failed.

Most of our nationalized industries the employees are half on strike anyhow

Could hardly bring the country to its knees like happened in the UK. I'd miss the mail in the morning alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'm not sure I'm convinced by everything in Labour's manifesto, especially the broadband endeavour. But one thing is for sure, Britain under his leadership will be in a damn sight better than it is/will be under Bojo and the Tories.

Compared to the others on the QT Leaders special, he was miles ahead. Johnson was an embarrassment and Jo Swinson didn't even get a single moment of applause from the crowd. Sturgeon and Farage don't count.

Britain needs a change. The Tories have plunged the country into the disaster of Brexit, plus they're on the second unelected leader and what a joke he is. They just don't have any credibility left.

• Advertisement

Labour is no more anti-Semitic now than it was under its previous (Jewish) leader. It only became an 'issue' after all the other attempts to smear Corbyn failed.

It's a handy, but ultimately empty slur to chuck around, because people dont tend to question what it actually means.

It's pavlovian phraseology at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

A terrible choice for the British electorate.

A compulsive liar for the tories and an absolute idealistic idiot of a leftie for Labour.

An awful dilemma. Hope Lib Dems do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Better than the elitist, racist Tories. Simple as that.

So you'd rather the Anti-Semitic Labour party in?

End of the road has thanked this post. Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm convinced by everything in Labour's manifesto, especially the broadband endeavour. But one thing is for sure, Britain under his leadership will be in a damn sight better than it is/will be under Bojo and the Tories.

Compared to the others on the QT Leaders special, he was miles ahead. Johnson was an embarrassment and Jo Swinson didn't even get a single moment of applause from the crowd. Sturgeon and Farage don't count.

Britain needs a change. The Tories have plunged the country into the disaster of Brexit, plus they're on the second unelected leader and what a joke he is. They just don't have any credibility left.

The people voted for it though....

They did but the Tories were daft enough to let the people vote

They did but the Tories were daft enough to let the people vote

The left really love democracy.

It should never have been put on the table for a vote in the first place. It was an idiotic idea to put out something like that without drawing up a proper plan to put in place if a leave result occurred.

Dave and the other Tory twats never even contemplated what would happen if a leave vote was returned and when it came in, he ran like a coward, leaving a shambles behind for someone else to clean up.

What a farce.

End of the road has thanked this post. Enough said.

You should ask Eric Cartman to unthank your post. It detracts from whatever vacuous point you're trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AMG1988

Without seeing any benefit from it?

Thats simply not true. You get benefits in healthcare, education, public transport

I'd imagine though Labour would also look to bring back free third tier education. So, in actual fact everyone would see benefits. The poor getting less poor and the 5% paying more in return for more.

• Advertisement

You should ask Eric Cartman to unthank your post. It detracts from whatever vacuous point you're trying to make.

When End of the Road thanks a post you can be 100% sure you are on the wrong side of the discussion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,940 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's not a great choice but since I live in a Labour safe seat, I'd be daft not to vote for them.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I find the Tories are incredibly guilty of "Project Fear" in this election, which is quite ironic since that is what they accused the remain side of constantly.

I have only seen the Labour side put forward a vision for the future of the UK. Whether you like it or not, it is something.

All I've seen from the Tories is attacking Labour's proposal and, "Get brexit done."

The Tories have been disgusting in this election. Buying labourmanifesto.com and the fact checker Twitter crap.

If I was a Tory I would be livid. They were always advertised* as the honourable, economically reliable party. They are showing now just how far they have left that behind them.

*Advertised, but far from it.

When End of the Road thanks a post you can be 100% sure you are on the wrong side of the discussion.

When a poster focuses not on what was posted, but on who thanked the post, you can be 100% sure that they are incapable of countering what was posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The new 4-day 32hr type work week could well attract some talent, maybe then they'll increase national productivity (currently they're lagging behind France with their lower 35hr ww).

When a poster focuses not on what was posted, but on who thanked the post, you can be 100% sure that they are incapable of countering what was posted.

Says the lad who claims the UK Labour Party does not have a problem with anti-semitism and instead wants to focus on the Tory party allegedly being racist.

Says the lad who claims the UK Labour Party does not have a problem with anti-semitism and instead wants to focus on the Tory party allegedly being racist.

If you look at one, you have to look at the other. Do you agree?

And yet the poster claims anti-semitism isn’t a problem in the Labour Party and claims it is an attempt to smear Corbyn. He obviously didn’t look too closely.

And yet the poster claims anti-semitism isn’t a problem in the Labour Party and claims it is an attempt to smear Corbyn. He obviously didn’t look too closely.

And yet you feel you can quote me, and not answer my question.

Want to try again?

• Advertisement

Where did I claim that the Labour Party doesn't have a problem with anti-Semitism?

Also, where did I even mention Tory racism?

You seem very confused.

Advertisement