Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Corbyn- Britain under his leadership

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I’ll leave you lads to your circle jerk. Labour Party and it’s supporters are not anti-Semitic. Tory Party and it’s supporters are racist. Nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I’ll leave you lads to your circle jerk. Labour Party and it’s supporters are not anti-Semitic. Tory Party and it’s supporters are racist. Nothing to see here.

Toys out of the pram time, is it?

I'll ask you again... Re-read my posts and tell me where I claimed that the Labour Party doesn't have a problem with anti-Semitism? Also, where did I even say anything about Tory racism, let alone focus on it? You've gone on about racist Tories more than I have.

Typical Tory supporter with his head buried in the sand.

You we're asked a simple question, and you run away.

Like all things Tory in this election, foul.

BRITISH LABOUR PARTY IS NOT ANTI-SEMETIC. I can’t be any clearer.

I’ve always thought Sajid Javid was a closet white supremecist.

• Advertisement

BRITISH LABOUR PARTY IS NOT ANTI-SEMETIC. I can’t be any clearer.

Would there be any point at all in asking you to put your toys back in the pram and answer my simple questions?

Your whataboutery has proven me wrong. British Labour Party does not have an anti-semitism problem. End of story.

Your whataboutery has proven me wrong. British Labour Party does not have an anti-semitism problem. End of story.

All I'm asking is that you explain this post:
    Says the lad who claims the UK Labour Party does not have a problem with anti-semitism and instead wants to focus on the Tory party allegedly being racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I will be at societies bottom regardless if Jeremy or Daffy Duck ruled Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

When End of the Road thanks a post you can be 100% sure you are on the wrong side of the discussion.

Your post is a perfect example of what is wrong with a lot of political discourse these days. You are more concerned with "sides" than the matters being discussed, which makes any contribution you make absolutely worthless.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Your post is a perfect example of what is wrong with a lot of political discourse these days. You are more concerned with "sides" than the matters being discussed, which makes any contribution you make absolutely worthless.

Says the lad who posted this ****e:

It's a handy, but ultimately empty slur to chuck around, because people dont tend to question what it actually means.

It's pavlovian phraseology at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Not close to him ideologically but i believe corbyn is a decent man, he might do good things, the UK is quite unequal, Ireland isn't relative to our neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Johnson won't last long as pm, but the Tories will return to power under him.
    Jeremy Corbyn is proving to be the best present the Tories ever got. He is a decent man, but not a great leader. Labour would be in power if they had stuck with Milliband, but he was seen as too gormless. Johnson's auction politics will cause problems in the future, but he will be long gone so he won't be concerned with the fall out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Johnson is having a laugh really at Corbyns expense

Oven-ready Brexit, 50000 nurses, 20000 police

i have reservations about corbyn as a leader, but they dwindle to nothing when i compare him on that score to the alternative.

i think his manifesto is clear, ambitious and allied to the same document from the previous election and his performance as opposition leader since, changes the discourse around austerity and the type of society britain wishes to be

i see nothing in other manifestos bar venal vote-grabbing and short-termism

he has played the cards brexit dealt him- holding the tories to account for their own mess, perhaps delaying a clear path forward from his own party a little too long, but i think his approach now is correct. an agreed deal, followed by a vote on that deal. what it should always have been.

I think the media coverage of him is a disgrace. I have no idea how he maintains his composure. kuenssberg in particular is a shame on her position but many of the rest are no better.

arguments that his planned expenditure bankrupts britain almost never provide similar costings for what the tories propose, even when you can eke that from them.

and his lack of popularity within the blairite wing of his own party is of course a major mark in his favour

im no lefty, but i can respect a smart, competent guy who is and doesnt apologise for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ireland has nationalised:
    Mail
    Water
    Rail
    Bus

Broadband is on the way. Do we fall foul of EU State aid rules and competition law?

As others have said, we never privatised Mail, Water, Rail or Bus.

However, our NBP went over the rigor of the EU and deemed to be compliant. I guess the infrastructure will remain in the hands of the state but can be used by numerous resellers to sell and package the broadband. But the mere fact that it had to go through this hoop tells you all that the EU do take this stuff seriously and will call foul.

Corbyn's Free Broadband plan is much more ambitious and sweeping and would certainly end up in the EU courts if it goes ahead as is, nevermind his other stuff.

Advertisement