Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Messages Vanishing

Options
  • 22-11-2019 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been sent a number of private messages from another user in relation to an MSPaint thread.
    I was expecting the messages and there's no issue there.

I get a notification icon on my profile symbol and also an email.
    I clicked on the new message and it was visible, but if I try to do anything else it dissapers.
    So for example if I hit reply it says 'PM ID' error or something like that. Or if I refresh the page it's just gone.
    I've logged out and re logged in and they are still gone and this applies to both the mobile and full site.

Any help appreciated.

Note: the PM s were all send today

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Presumably your previous PMs are still there?

Not sure we can provide any help until the development team are back in the office on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Beasty wrote: »
    Presumably your previous PMs are still there?

Not sure we can provide any help until the development team are back in the office on Monday

Ya all still there, PMs I sent yesterday since are still visible just not the ones that were sent to me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You don't have the person accidentally on ignore do you? If you did, their PMs would still arrive at your inbox but then be automatically deleted, which sounds a lot like the behaviour you're describing.

I don't think I have them blocked

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Killinator, has this issue been resolved or is it still happening?

• Advertisement

Hi Killinator, has this issue been resolved or is it still happening?

Got a few PMs today and it seemed ok

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ok good, if it happens again please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement