Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery Powered WiFi Security Camera

• 23-11-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Could anyone recommened any of the not very famous brand battery powered Wi-Fi security camera ?

I've seen a few on Amazon with what seem great reviews but I'm increasingly sceptical of reviews on there.

Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Hi All

Could anyone recommened any of the not very famous brand battery powered Wi-Fi security camera ?

I've seen a few on Amazon with what seem great reviews but I'm increasingly sceptical of reviews on there.

Thanks !!

The Blink cameras are great and very reasonable. Good deals at the mo for BF.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M8PFCD9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UYs2Db6E00AJ6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I bought the blink cameras last week... Got buyer remorse and sent them back.

Instead I've ordered Arlo Pro 2. Got a good deal from the US store... It's a more flexible and expandable setup, will allow me to add a doorbell, solar etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Thanks all will look into both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Seen this review of the Blink one:

1.) The camera has no active motion detection if you don't open the app.
    2.) Camera can only be live if you click the app to see the actual live footage.
    3.) It won't capture live movement footage.
    4.) To capture the movement or footage only last for 60sec
    5.) Not 720p resolution.
    6.) If the WiFi receiver that connects the camera is inside the house/flat and CCTV is outside, the connection is too bad.

Is this true or is this just an angry competitor ?

Thanks all.

2.) Camera can only be live if you click the app to see the actual live footage.
    5.) Not 720p resolution.
    6.) If the WiFi receiver that connects the camera is inside the house/flat and CCTV is outside, the connection is too bad.

Thanks all.

Seems like you are referring to a very old version. Latest model is Blink XT2.

I'd still go with Arlo Pro 2 😉

• Moderators Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭Spocker

5.) Not 720p resolution.

Thanks all.

This is not correct. You activate the motion detection via the app or a schedule, and it will work just fine. I have 6 Blinks (both inside and outside) and they all work just fine with a single sync module

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Spocker wrote: »
    This is not correct. You activate the motion detection via the app or a schedule, and it will work just fine. I have 6 Blinks (both inside and outside) and they all work just fine with a single sync module

Have you the newer XT2 model, I see mixed reviews for them and Amazon stopped selling them for a period after their release this year due to issues with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Seems like you are referring to a very old version. Latest model is Blink XT2.

I'd still go with Arlo Pro 2 😉

Arlo has been bought over by a monitored security company, I’d avoid them for the time being.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Arlo has been bought over by a monitored security company, I’d avoid them for the time being.

Arlo is publically quoted, they are a monitored security company... having been seperated from Netgear due to the pace of their growth. Shares are rising in value.

• Moderators Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭Spocker

Have you the newer XT2 model, I see mixed reviews for them and Amazon stopped selling them for a period after their release this year due to issues with them

I have indoors, XT and XT2 all on the one sync model (all sourced from the US), no issue with any of them

Advertisement