Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Green&Red wrote: »
    I doubt it, one return in 5. Given how many options there are under 7m you can’t afford to have him doing nothing

And his shot selection is not great - majority of shots from outside the box so the goals were due to dry up. In saying that, I don’t think he’s a bad option at his price but I’d actually go Daniel James over him currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Went bold with my tranfers this week kdb and Connolly to James and Jesus. Risky but just fancy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Tempted to take a hit on either Cantwell to Alli or KDB to Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Current Front 8 is
    Maddison Pulis KdB Mane Cantwell
    Auba Vardy Abraham

Have 2 FT's

Which is the spurs player to own?
    Kane Or Son?
    Will have to get Son for KDB or Kane for Auba

Typically Mourinho teams favour a big striker who gets all the goals so leaning towards Kane,but Son is the form player and everyone here seems to favour him ahead of Kane.
    Getting son will also mean no city cover as i dont want to sell maddison or Pulisic both of whom have good Fixtures.

Should i wait 1 more week to decide or will it be too late to jump ship then..thots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still mulling over Mount -> Son, or Cantwell -> Alli.

Leaning towards the Alli option.....

will leave me with a very strong front 8 coming into the busy festive fixtures, sure I'll have a few selection headaches but won't have any rotation concerns.

Have been canvassing Spurs and Chelsea fans here at work, and have been assured than Mount will be back in the team for 'easier' games, and that Alli is back to his best :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sanket wrote: »
    Current Front 8 is
    Maddison Pulis KdB Mane Cantwell
    Auba Vardy Abraham

Have 2 FT's

Which is the spurs player to own?
    Kane Or Son?
    Will have to get Son for KDB or Kane for Auba

Typically Mourinho teams favour a big striker who gets all the goals so leaning towards Kane,but Son is the form player and everyone here seems to favour him ahead of Kane.
    Getting son will also mean no city cover as i dont want to sell maddison or Pulisic both of whom have good Fixtures.

Should i wait 1 more week to decide or will it be too late to jump ship then..thots?
    Your dilemma is KDB & Kane or Son & Auba

I'd definitely take KDB & Kane (I currently have KDB and Son). Having Kane at 15% ownership is a great scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bought into the VAJ frontline right before Jim's rise last night.

Cant see myself changing for the rest of the season just for all the puns with the workmates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rikand wrote: »
    the VAJ

I love the VAJ, set and forget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

VAJ is great but you have to weary of red flags over the festive period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

COH wrote: »
    VAJ is great but you have to weary of red flags over the festive period

I don't have Vardy, and I still don't plan to buy him. I think I've gotten on fine without him the last few weeks.

But just to add to your festive period point, Leicester have a big build up at the end of December that surely Vardy won't start every game in. They have been playing 1 game a week again for a couple of season and Vardy is pushing 33.

Sat 14th Dec - Norwich h
    Wed 18th Dec - Everton a (League Cup 1/4 final)
    Sat 21th Dec - Man City a
    Thurs 26th Dec - Liverpool h
    Sat 28th Dec - West Ham a
    Wed 1st Jan - Newcastle a

The obvious game here to miss, from a FPL owner perspective, would be for Vardy to miss the League cup 1/4 final. But winning there would put Leicester and Rodgers in a great position of winning a trophy, so should be gearing towards winning that. Potential 2 leg semi final against one of Man Utd, Villa or Man City. they would beat 2 of those teams over 2 legs IMO.

If Vardy starts that 1/4 final, will he be able to start 5 games in 14 days? One will have to give. Maybe West Ham away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FitzShane wrote: »
    I don't have Vardy, and I still don't plan to buy him. I think I've gotten on fine without him the last few weeks.

But just to add to your festive period point, Leicester have a big build up at the end of December that surely Vardy won't start every game in. They have been playing 1 game a week again for a couple of season and Vardy is pushing 33.

Sat 14th Dec - Norwich h
    Wed 18th Dec - Everton a (League Cup 1/4 final)
    Sat 21th Dec - Man City a
    Thurs 26th Dec - Liverpool h
    Sat 28th Dec - West Ham a
    Wed 1st Jan - Newcastle a

The obvious game here to miss, from a FPL owner perspective, would be for Vardy to miss the League cup 1/4 final. But winning there would put Leicester and Rodgers in a great position of winning a trophy, so should be gearing towards winning that. Potential 2 leg semi final against one of Man Utd, Villa or Man City. they would beat 2 of those teams over 2 legs IMO.

If Vardy starts that 1/4 final, will he be able to start 5 games in 14 days? One will have to give. Maybe West Ham away?
    Vardy has not ever and will not be rested
    He is basically a freak
    They are completely dependent on him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shmeee wrote: »
    I love the VAJ, set and forget!

Uh oh!

I don’t think I can’t hold off on Pulisic for Mount anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

gammygils wrote: »
    Cresswell to Aurier this week I reckon

Aurier is playing very high up the pitch now so that could be a great transfer. He could also go and get himself sent off though so it's a risky one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Abraham stretchered off at half time this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

x43r0 wrote: »
    Abraham stretchered off at half time this evening

No VAJ this weekend for a lot of lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Aurier is playing very high up the pitch now so that could be a great transfer. He could also go and get himself sent off though so it's a risky one too.

I really like the idea of Aurier for Rico but there is just so much value in the defence. It's already hard enough to choose between Soy, Tomori and Lundstrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Abraham in 51% of teams. interesting weekend ahead.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I have enough for Abraham to Kane hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    Vardy has not ever and will not be rested
    He is basically a freak
    They are completely dependent on him
    Yeah all his stats show him doing nothing 95% of the time too. Distance covered, passes are all way down on usual. He basically just stays up top between the posts and only comes alove when he snifs a chance. Not the most taxing role, even for a 33 year old.

His international retirement means he has a lot of breaks during the season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Abraham red flagged....I have enough money for a ticket on the Kane Train....dammit

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Abraham red flagged....I have enough money for a ticket on the Kane Train....dammit

Not wishing an injury on anyone but Abraham out should at least mix up teams a bit

Not wishing an injury on anyone but Abraham out should at least mix up teams a bit

If I hadn’t spent all my money on TAA I’d be on board the Kane train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

VAJ

Jazzled :(

Have enough for KDB to pulisic and Abraham to Kane ........no way I’ll take a hit but given the quick turn around of games I might do the first one followed by second one quick enough

km79 wrote: »
    If I hadn’t spent all my money on TAA I’d be on board the Kane train

Depending on how long hes out for itll probably be Jesus, or if only a week Aurier in for Rico and 5 at the back :(

Depending on how long hes out for itll probably be Jesus, or if only a week Aurier in for Rico and 5 at the back :(

Problem is one week is 3 gameweeks

Danny Ings is giving me the eye now
    Which would then allow marital to son next week
    Or
    Vardy to Kane if I am insane
    Which I am not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Do we think Abraham price will drop tonight? Its either kane or rashford for me

Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard confirmed Abraham was in the dressing room at full-time, adding: "The word at half-time was that it looked quite severe, but the word afterwards was that it wasn't quite so severe. But that's all I know at this point now."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11871894/chelseas-tammy-abraham-stretchered-off-vs-valencia-in-champions-league

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Do we think Abraham price will drop tonight? Its either kane or rashford for me

Looks safe for tonight, but there is a big sell off.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement