Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

scotchy wrote: »
    Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard confirmed Abraham was in the dressing room at full-time, adding: "The word at half-time was that it looked quite severe, but the word afterwards was that it wasn't quite so severe. But that's all I know at this point now."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11871894/chelseas-tammy-abraham-stretchered-off-vs-valencia-in-champions-league

No way he will play the weekend imo
    Or maybe next week either
    No harm
    Makes it interesting
    Annoying that’s it’s before west ham game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

COH wrote: »
    VAJ is great but you have to weary of red flags over the festive period

Sorry for jinxing this lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Not going to jump into any transfers until a bit more is know and I've a few spare pound ITB if prices do shift.

I can do Tammy + Ricki to Kane + Traore if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Decent week for it to happen anyway, was looking like having Soyuncu (Everton H) and Lunsdtram (Wolves A) on the bench, might be a blessing in disguise.

Don't have the cash for a big upgrade, Jimienez the obvious one if I am moving, but bought him at 7.1 so stand to lose a lot of value.

Might upgrade Greenwood to Mousset if it looks he'll miss a few weeks, nice run with Newcastle, Villa, Watord at home in December (and Norwich, Brighton away).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Bought into the VAJ frontline right before Jim's rise last night.

Cant see myself changing for the rest of the season just for all the puns with the workmates

All my fault :(

one less captaincy headache anyway

Abraham flag now gone red to orange . 50% hip injury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jaysus, I can do Kane and Son IN, in place of Wilson and Sterling. No hit. Yes or No?

Sterling has Newcastle away at 12.30 then Burnley away, you would think two low scoring games. Could Sterling also be rested perhaps? Played 90 mins last night. BUT could Son be rested? So hard to decide....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Son won't be rested, don't let that put you off.

I sold sterling myself but he did score a perfectly legit goal that had it been last season with no var would have stood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sterling is one yellow away from a suspension. I suspect Pep is gonna wait for that to be his "rest"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Dilemma now is Abraham to Jesus for a -4 punt or not? 100pts back in money league so may pay off.

Or play it safe as I have Lordstrum 1st sub. Decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sterling is one yellow away from a suspension. I suspect Pep is gonna wait for that to be his "rest"

He will want him for the derby though so it's possible he could get a rest away to Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Wildcard team:

Pope Gazza
    Chillwell Lundy Tomori Jaanmat Br. Williams
    Mane KDB Mount Perez Grealish
    Vardy Kane Abraham

Am I missing anything obvious, lads? Teams in my money league are very templatey, so I'm intentionally avoiding the likes of Son, Soyuncu etc.

Also, I'll lose .4 on Abraham (if I wanted to get him back in) so am holding for now, particularly as his injury doesn't seem as bad as initially thought.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I know I'm a few weeks early with Grealish - I'll probably leave him on the bench until his kind run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He will want him for the derby though so it's possible he could get a rest away to Burnley.

Wouldn't be surprised to see "Sterling yellow" in the matchday thread this w/e v Newcastle and will therefore be "rested" for Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

F1ngers wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see "Sterling yellow" in the matchday thread this w/e v Newcastle and will therefore be "rested" for Burnley.

Every year this idea of a player getting booked on purpose before a cup game or non relevant game pops up and - if I remember correctly - rarely happens ;)

Unless he scores and takes the shirt off maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's not a surprise to see him get a yellow full stop. So called professional fouls are a part of their tactics. He doesn't seem great at hiding his commiting them compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I don't think I've been around these parts too much this season.

I saw someone on another page considering Ings. I've been having a great run with him.

My ponderings for this week are Mount and McGinn to Pulisic and Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I was all set to BB this weekend with

heaton, lundstram, CANTWELL and TRAORÉ

Tammy being injured scraps that unless i take a hit and switch him to Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

On yellow cards, is Aurier two yellows towards the five for a suspension or do they get wiped as he served a suspension for the red?

ShimSlady wrote: »
    I was all set to BB this weekend with

heaton, lundstram, CANTWELL and TRAORÉ

Tammy being injured scraps that unless i take a hit and switch him to Kane

Was also considering it
    Now thinking gw 17 when both my keepers(pope and henderson) have very good fixtures

Very difficult to decide on transfers especially given gw 18 is already a mess and chelsea play spurs so i do not really want to be adding to my problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    On yellow cards, is Aurier two yellows towards the five for a suspension or do they get wiped as he served a suspension for the red?

They get wiped.

Aubameyang and Sterling out.

Vardy and Mane in.

carnie wrote: »
    I don't think I've been around these parts too much this season.

I saw someone on another page considering Ings. I've been having a great run with him.

My ponderings for this week are Mount and McGinn to Pulisic and Moura.

That was me and if I get news Abraham is out for a few weeks I will be doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Pieters has to go if he has lost his place at Burnley so thinking of straight swap for Ward from Crystal Palace with the one free transfer. Can't see any better options under 4.6mill as have nothing left in the bank.

Signed Joel Ward before the end of the game against Liverpool as I was not going to be near a computer with internet access later in the day. Would have picked some one else to replace Pieters if I had known Ward went off injured but this weeks free transfer must now count as my worst so far this season. Guess my free transfer next week is a defender who plays in to replace Ward. Any recommendations in the less than 4.6mill. bracket welcome. Already have Guilbert who may now play with Abraham and Cantwell also flagged as injury doubts.

Is Kelly at Crystal Palace the best option?

macraignil wrote: »
    Signed Joel Ward before the end of the game against Liverpool as I was not going to be near a computer with internet access later in the day. Would have picked some one else to replace Pieters if I had known Ward went off injured but this weeks free transfer must now count as my worst so far this season. Guess my free transfer next week is a defender who plays in to replace Ward. Any recommendations in the less than 4.6mill. bracket welcome. Already have Guilbert who may now play with Abraham and Cantwell also flagged as injury doubts.

Is Kelly at Crystal Palace the best option?

But you are near a computer now and there is even now still a few days left till deadline!!!!!Why did you feel the need to make a transfer before the player had even finished his game in the previous gameweek? Bizarre

Yes Kelly. But wait !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

km79 wrote: »
    But you are near a computer now and there is even now still a few days left till deadline!!!!!Why did you feel the need to make a transfer before the player had even finished his game in the previous gameweek? Bizarre

Yes Kelly. But wait !!!!!

You get the free transfer on most game weeks on Saturday morning. Pieters was going to drop in price Saturday night so made the move when I did to avoid loosing the player value that would have been lost if I waited until now. Was going to watch the Munster v Racing cup game in the pub so couldn't wait for the Crystal Palace game to finish.

Will be waiting to make the Kelly transfer until I get another free transfer next week anyway,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

This worth - 8
    Out Digne sterling dendonker Abraham
    In Baldock Zaha martial kane

Digne has to go with his fixtures. Sterling is doing nothing as is dendonker and Abraham a doubt.

Baldock will mostly be a sub, Zaha has great fixtures, martial has 4 good fixtures in the next 6 and hoping kane prospers under jose

Advertisement