Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭shmeee

Abraham to Ings worth a -4?

Won't lose any value on Tammy

I'd be fairly confident he won't play over 200 mins in them 3 games.

Go back over a few quotes from start of season about his fitness and ability to play X amount of games over a set period.

Just to be wary is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Those going for Ings now...are you not worried about him having 3 games in 9 days? The guy is made of glass.

Yes so I’ve decided against it
    I’ve held Abraham
    And have enough money in the bank to bring in Kane if I decide I hate myself
    I’m not there yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm gonna ride out the injury. 451 mightn't be too bad for the next few GW's, not even too bad a 5th def if needed.

GW14
    Tomori - WHU (H)
    Alex-Arnold - BHA (H)
    Söyüncü - EVE (H)
    Lundstram - WOL (A)
    Aurier - BOU (H)

GW15
    Tomori - AVL (H)
    Alex-Arnold - EVE (H)
    Söyüncü - WAT (H)
    Lundstram - NEW (H)
    Aurier - MUN (A)

Yes, it's what makes the Abraham decision so tough. Almost too many options and not enough information.

It doesn't seem right to get rid of Abraham if I am going to want him back in a few weeks. And I think I will.

If I get Aurier I would have the same five as you, it's awful tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Yes so I’ve decided against it
    I’ve held Abraham
    And have enough money in the bank to bring in Kane if I decide I hate myself
    I’m not there yet

Same.

Just can't go back to Kane.

I'd bank but the uncertainty around Mount has me spooked. Might go with my original plan of Cantwell to Alli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Same.

Just can't go back to Kane.

I'd bank but the uncertainty around Mount has me spooked. Might go with my original plan of Cantwell to Alli

Was thinking of Kane too, but also going to hold Abraham.

Looking at TAA in for Mings and will play 4 at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm dumping Abe. But I've been atrocious this season so take it as a good sign.

In my defense I am finally getting Vardy in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The news on Abraham is too vague for me to stick with him when he could potentially miss 3 game weeks. Am going to use it as an opportunity to sell and hopefully gain more points than I would by starting a bench player. I didn't get burned by Kane last season unlike some so am more inclined to go for him. If it goes wrong, it'll be an easy switch or downgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Abraham to Firmino worth a -4 tonight before the price drop? Or a -8 for Kane (the price drop will mean I need three transfers to get him tomorrow)? Or just sit tight and play Guendouzi?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Going to go with Ings I think. Those fixtures are just too juicy to pass up. Yes he's injury prone, but if you're planning on having Danny Ings for more than a few games then you're asking for a bad time anyway I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Had been strongly considering Jimenez but I’m also quite worried that after playing 70 minutes in Portugal last night, 3 games in a week might find him out in the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    Had been strongly considering Jimenez but I’m also quite worried that after playing 70 minutes in Portugal last night, 3 games in a week might find him out in the league?
    Jimmi is an absolute machine, no reason to doubt his stamina, straight in from Mexico duty last weekend and on the score sheet

The Tammy injury could allow people move off him and onto Pulisic if you think he could be a better option when both are fit. That’s kinda where my thoughts are on Chelsea at the moment. More games will tell us more on Pulisic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Which trio would you go for lads
    Zaha kane rashford
    Or
    Son jimenez rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Have Abraham since 7.2, would get 7.6 if i sell and it'll cost 8 to get him back. Should I move off sterling instead to bring in son or Alli?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Zaha kane rashford
    Or
    Son jimenez rashford

Son jimmi rashford for me of those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Who would you go for lads - Mousset or Lundstram?
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Zaha kane rashford
    Or
    Son jimenez rashford
    Either is great TBH. If I had to choose, the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Green&Red wrote: »

The Tammy injury could allow people move off him and onto Pulisic if you think he could be a better option when both are fit. That’s kinda where my thoughts are on Chelsea at the moment. More games will tell us more on Pulisic

That's a good point. I keep getting Pulisic is due a rest, but it just hasn't happened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Martial Mousset Jesus or Zaha Rashford Jimenez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Brego888 wrote: »
    Martial Mousset Jesus or Zaha Rashford Jimenez?

I'd go for the latter myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Went PEA->Vardy earlier in the week and kinda regretting it now with the Abraham injury. I was eyeing up Firmino as a replacement first but then changed my mind to Kane. Transferred early as there was risk of a few price changes and when I did it, Tammy got injured and price rice's never happened. I should have just done Kane not Vardy.

That's a good point. I keep getting Pulisic is due a rest, but it just hasn't happened yet

It’s kinda why I was happy to move off Tammy immediately. I can chose between Jesus & Pulisic V Sterling & Tammy

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Jimmi is an absolute machine, no reason to doubt his stamina, straight in from Mexico duty last weekend and on the score sheet

This is exactly what I did
    I was looking for an excuse tbh ..........
    And when all is said and done IF spurs find form and it’s a big IF for me then Kane is their best option
    So now I wait ...............

I will be screwed for 18 now though as I’ll have used two transfers and got 2 players in who play each other !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Any love for Jesus?

Brego888 wrote: »
    Any love for Jesus?

Got him in, think he could cover the -8 I took on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will cost me 0.3 to bring Abraham back in. Be very surprised if he'd be back midweek with a rib injury. Might bank and if he's not fit midweek, I can then downgrade TAA which allow me to do Tammy to Rashford

siblers wrote: »
    Will cost me 0.3 to bring Abraham back in. Be very surprised if he'd be back midweek with a rib injury. Might bank and if he's not fit midweek, I can then downgrade TAA which allow me to do Tammy to Rashford

Hip injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    Hip injury

Ah. Still can't see him being fit for midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pulisic was rested for most of the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Abraham to Kane done. No doubt I'll be back here tomorrow night giving out to myself after he gets a 2 pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Abraham to Kane done. No doubt I'll be back here tomorrow night giving out to myself after he gets a 2 pointer.

Had 2 cans of Rockshore and watching the Late Late Toy Show......on the verge of Abraham to Kane to complete that Friday night hellscape

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had 2 cans of Rockshore and watching the Late Late Toy Show......on the verge of Abraham to Kane to complete that Friday night hellscape

:D

Advertisement