Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

12345679»

Comments

km79 wrote: »
    Same but your OR is quite good ? As is mine finally
    And there are so many budget options now it doesn’t really make a difference!!!!!

OR is good and I shouldn’t be too concerned by prices because one of my guaranteed tactics this year was to ignore price rise/falls.

I am doing it but it’s hard to not notice when the difference between a Monday and a Saturday can be as much as 0.4m or 0.5m from the move I was going to do anyway.

I have gone the opposite way this season with early transfers even if there's midweek games so far it's paid off by getting ahead of rises.
    Maybe it's just luck but so far it's really paid off. I'll bank this week as I need 2 transfers if I want to make the proposed moves I'm thinking of.

I’m positive that 95% of the time early transfers won’t bite you in the arse but sometimes it’s the transfer you hadn’t planned that will bite you.

This week, with Abraham, is a good example.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Lucas, Jesus and Zaha all in

Feels very punty but also like this could be a massive week

I think the Tammy injury is a great thing, someone was calling for one of VAJ/R to get injured to just shake things up FF wise

I’ll be on an overnight flight so will try and look through the match day thread to watch it unfold kinda live without spoilers

Off to Sitges again without the wife ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can you afford them by ditching Digne insead of VVD for Soyuncu? Digne has a horrible run coming up (Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Aresenal next 5), whereas Liverpool have a lovely run (Brighton, Everton, Watford home, and Bournemouth away in next 4).
    No I can't.

But I did Digne -> Soyuncu. Had second thoughts 'bout Mount.

I think I can play 4-3-3 (playing VVD, Soyuncu, Tomori & Lundstram) or bench 1 of them and play Cantwell in a 3-4-3.

Have to deal with TAA now...

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Which trio would you go for lads
    Zaha kane rashford
    Or
    Son jimenez rashford

Son, Jimenez and Rashford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Off to Sitges again without the wife ?

Nah the wife is here with me, kinda had to bring her on the honeymoon, I’d never have heard the end of it if I didn’t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Son, Jimenez and Rashford.

I think I’d go Zaha and Kane

I’m expecting Zaha to go well over the next eight weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I’m now cityless

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I’m now cityless

Last week I was heading in that direction.

Now I’m considering adding Jesus to my KDB.

It’s him or Ings now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    Abraham in 51% of teams. interesting weekend ahead.

Down to 42% now according to https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/price/

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking at the form and fixtures Pulisic is the clear Abraham replacement

Only problem is that makes my team and my main mini league rivals teams very very similar.

Make the "right" move and look at OR, or try to differentiate with Ali etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Brought back in Salah.. will prob captain him too.. he's due a hatrick soon... Isn't he??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I’m now cityless

Me too. It feels strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I’m now cityless

Couldn’t go through with it. Dithered over KDB to Alli or Son all week. In the end Tammy injury sent me a different way - McGinn and Tammy to Pulisic and Mousset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If I bench Tammy, I can replace him with Kelly. Would leave me with 2ft for midweek. Or else bring in Jimi. Really struggling as to what to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at the form and fixtures Pulisic is the clear Abraham replacement

Only problem is that makes my team and my main mini league rivals teams very very similar.

Make the "right" move and look at OR, or try to differentiate with Ali etc.

Would Batman not be clear replacement - he nearly always comes on for him and has goals in him - if he starts/scores today he could be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Will son play every week? Surely it's 4 into 3. Son alli eriksen moura?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would Batman not be clear replacement - he nearly always comes on for him and has goals in him - if he starts/scores today he could be a bargain.

If Tammy is back midweek, they will need to use another transfer to get rid of Batman. For a one game punt it's a good idea alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

siblers wrote:
    If I bench Tammy, I can replace him with Kelly. Would leave me with 2ft for midweek. Or else bring in Jimi. Really struggling as to what to do!

Similar position myself and went for Jimmi as it wont be too hard to get Tammy back in

Not taking a hit so it's sterling and Tammy out and a choice of son and rashers in or martial and kane in. Tough decision

• Advertisement

Not taking a hit so it's sterling and Tammy out and a choice of son and rashers in or martial and kane in. Tough decision

Son and Rashers. All day long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

thewools wrote: »
    Brought back in Salah.. will prob captain him too.. he's due a hatrick soon... Isn't he??

Great move and loves scoring at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »

The chances are surely really low that Tammy goes from no available update, to training and back in the team for Wednesday right?

Might be back for Saturday (who knows though) where one would anticipate they’ll be up against a post-manager change bounce away to Everton.

For me, unless you’ve tonnes invested in value, he’s a must get rid.

Tough call but great position to be in.

Probably Martial and Kane.

CSF wrote: »
    The chances are surely really low that Tammy goes from no available update, to training and back in the team for Wednesday right?

Might be back for Saturday (who knows though) where one would anticipate they’ll be up against a post-manager change bounce away to Everton.

For me, unless you’ve tonnes invested in value, he’s a must get rid.

This is true. Was working out a way to get in Rashford but already have Martial which is enough Utd cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tough one. I’ve Martial & Kane 2 weeks but I’ve watched Son & Rashers outscore them both in that time.

Martial looking bit out of sorts & have been thinking of moving him. 1 goal in 4 GW’s. 3 goals v Sheff U and not involved in anything.

I think Kane is coming though! The Kane train is definitely gathering momentum

Cheers lads, going to plump for martial and kane. Son might rotated occasionally which puts me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is a note to future self for the next 2 weeks of transfers
    I may have stumbled upon a plan which means I do not break my heart getting Kane, am well set up for gw 17 bb , gw 18 isnt too bad and Danny Ings inevitable injury is covered
    If i sell Abraham for Ings I will have 5.1 to upgrade Hayden. So that means he can easily become Alli. Fredericks to Kelly gives me the extra cash needed for Son.
    However I am looking long and hard at PVA to go with Alli..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

If Martial does nothing this week he's coming out for Pulisic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    This is a note to future self for the next 2 weeks of transfers
    I may have stumbled upon a plan which means I do not break my heart getting Kane, am well set up for gw 17 bb , gw 18 isnt too bad and Danny Ings inevitable injury is covered
    If i sell Abraham for Ings I will have 5.1 to upgrade Hayden. So that means he can easily become Alli. Fredericks to Kelly gives me the extra cash needed for Son.
    However I am looking long and hard at PVA to go with Alli..........

I am now looking harder

Advertisement