Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower pull switch tripping

Options
  • 23-11-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭

My electric shower has stopped working, no power, the pulled switch trips the RCD, faulty pull switch or problem with shower? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Is there an indicator light on the pull switch? If you leave the pull switch on for 10 minutes and this doesn't go out then more likely problem with shower.
    Take off shower head from flow pipe and see if it still trips out. However it most likely is the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

alan4cult wrote: »
    Is there an indicator light on the pull switch? If you leave the pull switch on for 10 minutes and this doesn't go out then more likely problem with shower.
    Take off shower head from flow pipe and see if it still trips out. However it most likely is the shower.

Found the problem, took cover of shower unit, the inside covered in shower Gel, clean all gel off and terminals, no longer trips now, now i know it shouldn't let in water or shower gel ,someone obviously left lid off and left on top of shower, but i noticed when i tooked 2 screws off top cover they don't tighten because catches are broken off front panel on inside so not making a good seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SCOOP 64 wrote:
    Found the problem, took cover of shower unit, the inside covered in shower Gel, clean all gel off and terminals, no longer trips now, now i know it shouldn't let in water or shower gel ,someone obviously left lid off and left on top of shower, but i noticed when i tooked 2 screws off top cover they don't tighten because catches are broken off front panel on inside so not making a good seal.

Sounds like you have a Mira shower. The plastic is very cheap and brittle in their showers.

Personally I'd be looking at replacing the shower but if you decide keep it you should stick the cover on with silicone. This acts as type of glue keeping the lid closed & it will seal it at the same time. Water & electricity don't mix so replacement is the safest option.

Advertisement