Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pints under 5euro dublin city center

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I visited the one on Abbey st. in Dublin with an open mind and did not like it one bit.

It's obviously fine for yourself and Rubadub.
    But for some, what makes a good pub isn't just cheap beer.
    Ambience, surroundings, decor, lighting, layout design, furnishings, tone and aesthetics come in to play for the more sensitive type like myself!

Have a quiet pint in the Flowing Tide and then wonder up the road to Wetherspoons. It's like walking out of a library to visit one of those leisureplex places.

All said, I'm don't drink a huge amount of pints when I'm out, so price wouldn't be a factor for me so my posts aren't really in the spirit of the thread.

Relax dude. It's just a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I had a pint of guinness today in the bad ass cafe in templebar for a fiver. I was as equally amazed by the price, as by the fact it is a pub - thought it was a restaurant for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The Lark Inn, Meath street
    Kavanagh's, Aughrim street
    Glimmerman, Stoneybatter = 4.80 I think

Cumiskey's, Dominick street = I think 3.60 or 3.80 for Beamish

These are not quite in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Spoons are too bright, yes, but I put up with that for the following:

smoothflow bitter = 2.95
    real ale = 3.25
    Beamish = 3.45

Double Jameson = 5.80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ush1 wrote: »
    John Smith's tastes like dirty dishwater also, only Brits would drink it.

And only the Irish would drink liquid stool softener and have the gall to call it stout.

And I'm Irish. Guiness is nasty ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

100% agree on spoons.

If you want a cheap pint, then fine. If you want atmosphere and service, it's not for you.

I lived in Coventry for a few months and spoons have a great location, but it's just pure blandness in every area - food, drink, service, atmosphere.

Suits middle England perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Relax dude. It's just a pub.

Ok... I'll shut up for now. Accepted, my posts aren't in keeping with the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Harold House near the canal on Clanbrassal Street is something like €4 for a pint of beamish, possibly €3.50, Guinness is under a fiver. Proper old school nice Dublin pub too.
    The Confession box in Dublin 1 is exactly €5 for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cienciano wrote: »
    The Harold House near the canal on Clanbrassal Street is something like €4 for a pint of beamish, possibly €3.50, Guinness is under a fiver. Proper old school nice Dublin pub too.
    The Confession box in Dublin 1 is exactly €5 for a pint.

Think it's €3.70, Guinness €4.20 iirc.

Advertisement