Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of this text scam?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Just to add I genuinely don’t be gaming or why I have like it on my phone. It’s not my world at all.
    Looks like I just went on the wrong site and it grabbed my info out of the phone

How tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

The [Three] girl was very helpful.
    Very two faced more like!
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    That's a cop out on Three's part, they're either blocking them or they're not.

Do you mean on your computer or on phone? I don't think there's any harm on clicking on them unless you don't give away your passwords or bank acc numbers.

Nope links often have malware that gives them access to your device, and from there gather information.
    Reasonably easy to do and bypass most security software on your device. During the last course I did we were constantly hacking each other for the laugh/learning but the worst thing we did to each other was mess with someone's social media before removing the backdoor.

I usually let it run out and use the credit to buy internet add ons for a fiver. Then when they run out but a new top up. I’ve always done that.
    I'm with them too, but after the 4 weeks are up, I just go without internet for about a week before I top up again. How do you use the credit to buy internet add ons for a fiver?

Although if you forget to switch of 'cellular' after the 4 weeks, they charge you about €2 every 30 seconds to use the internet. It's robbery and a pure ploy on their part.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    but the worst thing we did to each other was mess with someone's social media before removing the backdoor.
    Removing the backdoor?

• Advertisement

Removing the backdoor?

Software that is download when you click a malicious link that gives the hacker access to your device and/or gathers information and forwards it to the hacker.

I'm with them too, but after the 4 weeks are up, I just go without internet for about a week before I top up again. How do you use the credit to buy internet add ons for a fiver?

Although if you forget to switch of 'cellular' after the 4 weeks, they charge you about €2 every 30 seconds to use the internet. It's robbery and a pure ploy on their part.

Say you have run out of your monthly deal. But you still have 10 or 15 or even 20 euro of the credit you bought unused, you can go into your account on their (godawful) website and buy internet add ons for a fiver. Think it’s 500 mb for a fiver. I just use them up and when they run out then buy a new top up.

Think it’s 500 mb for a fiver.
    How many days would that get u?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Comreg have allowed phone companies to deem clicking on a link as "informed consent" on subscribing to a service. It's absolute insanity that this is allowed but they aren't willing to change

How many days would that get u?

Depends on how many podcasts I have to get through :) usually about a day and a half?

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Comreg have allowed phone companies to deem clicking on a link as "informed consent" on subscribing to a service. It's absolute insanity that this is allowed but they aren't willing to change
    So the bottom line is that there's a big difference between clicking on a link when on your PC, as opposed to clicking on a link on your smart phone. It's okay to do it on your PC.

Just remembered something

The only time I’ve given my number out was a few weeks ago. Lidl were selling raffle tickets at the til for a charity and if you win you get a supermarket dash kinda thing.

The girl at the til Wrote my number on two tickets.

I wonder.

Advertisement