Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Boxing. Smith vs Ryder. Wilder vs Ortiz 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭squinn2912

walshb wrote: »
    Impossible to verify...

Just looking at boxrec doesn’t cut it...

He’s certainly in the mix..

Correct. No way of saying this with any certainty. Similar with hand speed or intimidation ability. If he beats fury and then unifies would that make him a great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Carl Frampton must be disappointed Santa Cruz did not mention him as a future opponent in his post fight interviews.
    Carl has declined since they last fought, so it would be an easy night for Cruz.
    Cruz against Davis at a higher weight would be a tough task.

Impossible to verify...

Just looking at boxrec doesn’t cut it...

He’s certainly in the mix..

He might not be the hardest hitter of all time, but i think we can all agree he is uniqiue the way he can generate such power from relatively short range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He might not be the hardest hitter of all time, but i think we can all agree he is uniqiue the way he can generate such power from relatively short range.

He is not unique...

Louis and Marciano and Foreman, to name three could all generate KO power from very short range..

He is not unique...

Louis and Marciano and Foreman, to name three could all generate KO power from very short range..

Not to the same extent though. Wilder's one punch power from short range is probably greater than all of them. Although there is no way to objectively prove of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not to the same extent though. Wilder's one punch power from short range is probably greater than all of them. Although there is no way to objectively prove of that.

Yeah I only had this conversation with somebody earlier I reckon he has to be the biggest puncher of all time, I'd put him ahead of Foreman, Tyson, Bowe in terms of power.

You say it can’t be proved, which I agree with. But you also say ‘not to the same extent.’ All we have to go on are visuals...

What was Wilder’s heaviest punch ever landed? I think it was his shot vs Kelvin Price. I can only go on visuals. Long right hand on the button...was it heavier than (for example) Mike Tyson’s looping right hand that dropped Larry Holmes for the first KD?

Cannot know..

At what stage during the programme does it show Wilder’s brother’s fight? I’m watching the card back but ff through talking and bs

squinn2912 wrote: »
    At what stage during the programme does it show Wilder’s brother’s fight? I’m watching the card back but ff through talking and bs

Not sure. But it is on Youtube.

Thanks lad got it now

• Advertisement

That was weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Carl Frampton must be disappointed Santa Cruz did not mention him as a future opponent in his post fight interviews.
    Carl has declined since they last fought, so it would be an easy night for Cruz.
    Cruz against Davis at a higher weight would be a tough task.

While I'm a huge Frampton fan as he's such a sound lad there is no reason why Santa Cruz would mention him as he doesn't have any of the belts.

He did mention Gary Russell and Gervonta Davis twice. The Russell one I would love to see.

Carl simply has to win Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jaysus just watched the Wilder fight in full, he really didn't land a glove for the 7 rounds and then boom. Lights out. He's such an average boxer with dynamite fists.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I’ve just watched it again. When you know the answer it’s easy to make the working out fit but that said, in the last minute from round 4 on Ortiz was sucking in air. He was putting a lot into it and by the 6th and 7th Wilder was throwing much more. Lefts to the body and head gave Ortiz a bit more to think about it and his mind wandered for just a second.
    I timed the count as well and he was given loads of time to get up. Where does he go from here? Does he have the following for anyone to want to fight him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I timed the count as well and he was given loads of time to get up.

Yep the 10 count lasted 12 seconds

Yep the 10 count lasted 12 seconds

Debatable if it did it’s hard to say for sure when Wilder was in a neutral corner. In any case he got a good ten count

Advertisement