If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55b9pla

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Brego888 wrote: »
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Hi

I'm keen on a good OLED TV without paying crazy money and having been giving serious thought to this one attached. Couple of questions:

1) What's your general opinion on this particular set?
    2) Your thoughts on screen burn with OLEDs and the necessity to do pixel re sets and basically babysit it?
    3) How are you able to offer a 6 year guarantee when LG themselves only offer  a 1 year warranty!?

Cheers
    Hi Brego888,

I'll try to answer your questions one by one

1. I actually have the OLED55B8 and I can't recommend it highly enough. The B series is the best entry level OLED panel and the image is very impressive.

2. There is a risk of screen burn with an OLED TV and if you are going to be watching anything with a static image or gaming a lot the risk does increase. Screen burn isn't covered by the 6 year guarantee and while we don't see it often it is something that we have seen a few times. There is a pixel refresher on board which can help but we can;t guarantee no screen burn on the unit.

3. Our 6 year guarantee is covered by us so if you have any issues during the 6 year period simply call us and we will send an engineer to you. Our 6 year is a guarantee covers parts and labour but not accidental damage.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.