Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National broadband plan is a waste of 3 billion

Options
  • 23-11-2019 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anoraks who post on the broadband forum here have a hard on for fibre but that doesn't change the fact that less than 15% of rural households have signed up to eir fibre where it's available because most average members of the public needs are met with wireless. The national broadband plan will be an even bigger flop .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Another of these threads. It's been done to death can we just join them altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mm 3rd post from the OP, I wonder how many other accounts the op might have ?

Jog on ya Jackeen, where do think your water will be coming from in the future ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anoraks who post on the broadband forum here have a hard on for fibre but that doesn't change the fact that less than 15% of rural households have signed up to eir fibre where it's available because most average members of the public needs are met with wireless. The national broadband plan will be an even bigger flop .

Real wireless that does decent speeds needs line of sight and there is limited spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I,m inclined to agree with you on the average members of the public bit. no doubt saying that won't be popular but sure what i won't read won't kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ruwithme wrote: »
    I,m inclined to agree with you on the average members of the public bit. no doubt saying that won't be popular but sure what i won't read won't kill me.

Aye most members of the public are enjoying handing over 60 bills per month for their connection to go all non existent after 6pm. Sure that's why the wireless threads are full of happy customers.

Spilling over with happy customers ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

I live in a tiny village in the the Southeast and i've had gigabit ftth for the past 2 years.

It greatly amuses me to see people living in ****ty Dublin or any of our other kips of cities who can only get speeds that are a fraction of what i'm getting.

Congrats on paying a fortune to live piled on top of each other whilst receiving absolutely dog**** services. I guess you have restaurants or something that make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

randomspud wrote: »
    I live in a tiny village in the the Southeast and i've had gigabit ftth for the past 2 years.

It greatly amuses me to see people living in ****ty Dublin or any of our other kips of cities who can only get speeds that are a fraction of what i'm getting.

Congrats on paying a fortune to live piled on top of each other whilst receiving absolutely dog**** services. I guess you have restaurants or something that make up for it.

?? WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

randomspud wrote: »

I would rather die!

I'm sure you have evidence for this?

LoL!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,589 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just because you received a negative response to making exactly the same point (and even copied the above post from there), that's no reason to head over to a forum you probably consider more popular with the general userbase

Feel free to continue the discussion over there

Other posters, do not openly accuse posters of being re-regs - report them and leave it to the mods and Admins to check it out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement