Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone mobile Broadband

• 24-11-2019 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭

Sorry if this ids in the wrong fourm but cant seem to find the talk to VF any more. I used to use a wifi dongle device as a backup broadband or if i travelled to the uk. Logged in today to find i cant buy the usual add on that i used to buy. can anyone shed some light on this. The only option i can see now is for calls and text plus data but it needs a text sent off not poss with the dongle.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

How much data allowance do you have on your phone? Tethering from a phone is less hassle if it's allowed on your phone plan.

There is a 5GB add on for 15e with Vodafone, you would need to change the APN to live.vodafone.com

Vodafone seem to be changing the layout of My Vodafone in stages over the last few months. They've sent out notification texts, if you put the SIM in a phone, you'll be able to read any texts received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Vodafone send a text out to all prepaid customers a few days ago:
    Service Announcement: We will be updating our systems. From 11.30am 25 November to 7am 26 November you will not be able to top up. From 10pm 24 November to 7am 26 November you'll be able to call, text and use data on your phone. However, requests for additional services will be restricted such as, changing your existing prepay plan, applying add-ons, opt into Red Roaming, using the IVR service and accessing My Vodafone. For more info, visit http://sms.vodafone.ie/faqs5

You posted your post before that, but it may already have affected you.
    curryman wrote: »
    The only option i can see now is for calls and text plus data but it needs a text sent off not poss with the dongle.

Any dongle or mifi, I've had my hands on, has had facilities for reading and sending texts. It's through the software that came with it or the webinterface of the dongle/mifi. So that should be no issue.

/M

Advertisement