Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Container Migrants disappear from Direct Provision Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Fann Linn wrote: »

A joke of a country.

People who say thing like this are generally naive, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not according to the relevant departments, nor even our own Taoiseach, because the vast majority of so called "asylum seekers" from places like Georgia, Albania and many African countries are rejected in their applications.

Albanian woman featured on newstalk now in a feature on mosney DP, another woman is there 3 years now and wants a house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

Del.Monte wrote: »

And don't come back with "Irish people don't want to do these jobs anymore".

What Irish people ? We have very close to full employment here.

The CSO Labour Force Survey for Q2 2019 shows 380,000 non Irish nationals in employment here. Of these 161,000 were EU 15-28 (what we might refer to as East European) and 97,000 were from outside the EU.

We don't have people waiting to fill those jobs.

Incidentally, the dependency ratio was much lower for the non-Irish national population (over 15). For every 100 Irish nationals in work there were 71 not in work (unemployed, disability, home-maker, higher secondary or third level education, retired, etc). For non-Irish nationals for every 100 in work there were 46 not in work (which, as well as previous categories, would include asylum seekers and UK retirees).

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/lfs/labourforcesurveyquarter22019/ (table A1).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Albanian woman featured on newstalk now in a feature on mosney DP, another woman is there 3 years now and wants a house

That post I quoted was Boggles, not Wibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I believe they are called 'forever homes' these days according to the homeless industry.

What a wonderful fluffy name. What kind of an evil person would deny anyone a forever home particularly an asylum seeker?

Maybe all those who don't get forever homes and work hard to pay for everything. But no one else would be so cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

atticu wrote: »
    Any proof these people are Kurds?

Also, how do you know that they came to the wrong country?
    Have they all left Ireland?

Germany has no shortage of Syrians who can't speak Arabic, so anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

Del.Monte wrote: »
    A number of the migrants found on a ship to Rosslare last Thursday have left a Dublin direct provision centre and are believed to be heading for the UK. You couldn't make this stuff up. Imagine arriving illegally in Australia and just being allowed to wander off untraced into the country.

I'm sure that the Gardai know everything about their affiliations to ISIS etc. after talking to them for a few hours at Rosslare. :rolleyes:

ThE OAP who is Minister for Justice needs to be sacked and somebody with a glimmer of intelligence put in his place. The security of the country is a joke while this sort of nonsense continues.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/migrants-found-on-ship-to-rosslare-have-left-direct-provision-centre-in-dublin-966197.html

Don't think there are many ISIS sympathysers in Albania.But being able to walk out of D Provision unit is unbelievable alright.But i think the Gardai are happy there gone.Someone elses problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

People who say thing like this are generally naive, to say the least.

Paying 5 or 6 times the price for the NCH.
    Paying billions for an outdated broadband project.
    Paying €000s for a printer that won't fit into Govt.buildings.

I'll stick with my original assessment. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

1641 wrote: »

The CSO Labour Force Survey for Q2 2019 shows 380,000 non Irish nationals in employment here. Of these 161,000 were EU 15-28 (what we might refer to as East European) and 97,000 were from outside the EU.

Incidentally, the dependency ratio was much lower for the non-Irish national population (over 15). For every 100 Irish nationals in work there were 71 not in work (unemployed, disability, home-maker, higher seconary or third level education, retired, etc). For non-Irish nationals for every 100 in work there were 46 not in work (which, as well as previous categories, would include asylum seekers and UK retirees).

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/lfs/labourforcesurveyquarter22019/ (table A1).

those figures are over represented by the amount of EU migrants here for work with families at home. Non EU migrants have a labour participation rate lower than the Irish and the african migrants have a worryingly lower participation rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Or the fallacy that we need them to "pay for our pensions."

Yep those min wage jobs take in some revenue. That's if they work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yep those min wage jobs take in some revenue. That's if they work.

well apparantly theyre all doctors, who will do the low paid jobs that we don't want to do, that are below the tax net, but will pay for our care and pensions......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

well apparantly theyre all doctors, who will do the low paid jobs that we don't want to do, that are below the tax net, but will pay for our care and pensions......

I’d be happy if they were actually willing to do even low paid jobs - however all the stats indicate otherwise with massive welfare dependence amongst certain African and Asian groups- but we aren’t allowed to state facts anymore as that’s racist, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

road_high wrote: »
    I’d be happy if they were actually willing to do even low paid jobs - however all the stats indicate otherwise with massive welfare dependence amongst certain African and Asian groups- but we aren’t allowed to state facts anymore as that’s racist, apparently

Even when you do state the facts, advocates for mass migration pretend not to understand them.

Have you a link to “all the stats” so we can all form an opinion.

According to the poster above you even if they do work they’re no good as it’s only minimum wage jobs.

Sand wrote: »
    Even when you do state the facts, advocates for mass migration pretend not to understand them.

Oh I think they understand them alright- they don’t lie !
    It’s easier play the aul racism card

Have you a link to “all the stats” so we can all form an opinion.

According to the poster above you even if they do work they’re no good as it’s only minimum wage jobs.

Someone previous quoted them a few days by national grouping. They’re also available on the CSO website. Eye watering stuff indeed

Oh I think they understand them alright- they don’t lie !
    It’s easier play the aul racism card

After you’ve provided links you might say why you don’t take such an interest in white immigrants and the minutiae of their employment or welfare claims?

After you’ve provided links you might say why you don’t take such an interest in white immigrants and the minutiae of their employment or welfare claims?

I’m on mobile here and don’t have time to indulge your demands- they’re freely available go look them up.
    Lol “white immigrants “ where did i even mention those? It appears to me like you’re well aware of the stats but they don’t suit you, obviously- feel free to compare the welfare dependence of Eastern European migrants vs African and Asian which would be appear to be what you’re touching on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Most are as you know EU citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

those figures are over represented by the amount of EU migrants here for work with families at home. Non EU migrants have a labour participation rate lower than the Irish and the african migrants have a worryingly lower participation rate.

Probably right regarding a proportion of EU migrants working here while their families are back home. Still they are filling jobs, contributing to the economy and paying taxes.

However, if you check the figures again you will see that the participation rate among non-EU migrants is still considerably higher than it is for Irish nationals. I would take it that at least part of the reason for this is that a much higher proportion of the Irish nationals will have retired and have left the labour force permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Mules wrote: »
    Why are the migrants so keen to go to the UK from France. Are the French less generous with benefits or is there something else?

No ID cards and no municipal registers of residents in Ireland and the UK. This makes it far easier to remain in the country illegally.

Without having verified figures I dare hazard a guess that benefits are more generous in France than in the UK but it’s harder to remain illegally because of the way the administration works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Who says they fecked off to the U.K. They could just as well be here, gone underground with a few of their fellow countrymen, to work in the black economy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Who says they fecked off to the U.K. They could just as well be here, gone underground with a few of their fellow countrymen, to work in the black economy etc.

You can't call it that, you racist....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

fryup wrote: »
    so is this going to be the tactic going forward?....get into the republic and then abscond to the north and seek asylum in the UK??

These asylum seekers seem well versed in the European situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

bmc58 wrote: »
    These asylum seekers seem well versed in the European situation.

Nah they're just innocent people looking shelter in first safe port

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Boggles wrote: »
    Your lack of basic comprehension is.

You think the majority of asylum seekers are risking their lives to leave their ideal Utopian existence to rot in DP for years and eventually be issued with a deportation order for the crack?

There's very little life risking going on here,certainly no more risky than the time spent in various "jungles" adjacent to UK bound ports.

The narrative,however,is always based upon painting a picture of unfortunate,downtrodden peasants with hordes of blood-thristy rightwingers pursuing them down the highways & byways of...well,just about everywhere except Éire.

Alone in Europe,brave little Ireland stands as a brightly shining beacon of welcoming,no questions asked,freedom to all those who can make it to our land....OK...got that ?

As far as I'm concerned,you do Asylum Seekers potentially a great injustice,by continually painting them as downtrodden unfortunates,unable to cope with Western European values,and therefore submitting themselves to,what is turning out to be,a tad too much scrutiny.

Hopefully,Irelands long running Asylum mechanism will be allowed to continue functioning,in the face to the almost constant attempts to dismantle it and put some vapourous one-size-fits-all comers in it's place.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I’m on mobile here and don’t have time to indulge your demands- they’re freely available go look them up.
    Lol “white immigrants “ where did i even mention those? It appears to me like you’re well aware of the stats but they don’t suit you, obviously- feel free to compare the welfare dependence of Eastern European migrants vs African and Asian which would be appear to be what you’re touching on

It must really grate on many folks that Humanity comes in so many hues...Black White,Brown,Yellow,Grey....Would'nt it be SO cool if we were all just one colour......

I wonder why we're not :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Baseball72

You can't call it that, you racist....
    "informal economy"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

bmc58 wrote: »
    Don't think there are many ISIS sympathysers in Albania.But being able to walk out of D Provision unit is unbelievable alright.But i think the Gardai are happy there gone.Someone elses problem.

Who mentioned Albania and how do we know that they have gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

1641 wrote: »

Incidentally, the dependency ratio was much lower for the non-Irish national population (over 15). For every 100 Irish nationals in work there were 71 not in work (unemployed, disability, home-maker, higher secondary or third level education, retired, etc). For non-Irish nationals for every 100 in work there were 46 not in work (which, as well as previous categories, would include asylum seekers and UK retirees).

You really believe that government spin about full employment? Come down to the sunny south east and experience it. Poorly paid part-time work or badly paid hospitality jobs and few enough of them at that and with another slump on the cards any day now. :rolleyes:

Advertisement