Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnecting the homeless to society..

Options
  • 24-11-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭

IMG-20191124-113100-01.jpg

Fair play to An Post...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

1gb? Stingy feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I sincerely hope they’re talking about those living on the streets, and not the foreva home scammers like Margaret Cash who are pumping out kids to move up the list for free gaffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You can imagine they use .9 of a gig trying to set up a Facebook account and scroll through all their old friends and family, then their parents finally forgive them and are about to offer them their old bed back, then an post tell them the gig is up and send them on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

BDI wrote: »
    You can imagine they use .9 of a gig trying to set up a Facebook account and scroll through all their old friends and family, then their parents finally forgive them and are about to offer them their old bed back, then an post tell them the gig is up and send them on their way.

Ahh youd be a long time using 1gb whatsapping drug dealers :pac: A nice sentiment but this is wide open to abuse and wont have many positive outcomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Ahh youd be a long time using 1gb whatsapping drug dealers :pac: A nice sentiment but this is wide open to abuse and wont have many positive outcomes.

How many YouTube videos of buskers being arrested for doin nuttin in a gigabyte?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

BDI wrote: »
    How many YouTube videos of buskers being arrested for doin nuttin in a gigabyte?

Actually yeah, were goingn to get a lot more garda ‘brutality’ videos with the initial reason for the arrest trimmed out and ‘hheeeessss dunnnn nuuuthinnn’ screamed in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The internet is very important to men like me, "neckbeards" as society calls us, it provides a place for us to discuss our misery being unwanted male virgins, etc. For example even on youtube there is some content for us to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The internet is very important to men like me, "neckbeards" as society calls us, it provides a place for us to discuss our misery being unwanted male virgins, etc. For example even on youtube there is some content for us to enjoy.
    Apropos of....?

Unless you’re a homeless incel?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

endacl wrote: »
    Apropos of....?

Unless you’re a homeless incel?
    That character has been spouting a weird woe-is-me narrative for quite a while, shoehorning it in wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

osarusan wrote: »
    That character has been spouting a weird woe-is-me narrative for quite a while, shoehorning it in wherever possible.

Is it bad of me to think that anybody who falls down that rabbit hole kinda deserves their misery...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hello, I'm looking to rent a one bedroom apartment and can afford to pay 1gb of data per month. Please email me with details of available properties. (Also note that each email you send me will reduce my payment capacity slightly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I sincerely hope they’re talking about those living on the streets, and not the foreva home scammers like Margaret Cash who are pumping out kids to move up the list for free gaffs.

Give it a rest ffs.
    Can the poor f***ers not get a dig out without it turning to a, 'The genuine homeless, yeah but whatabout..."
    The genuine need to get a look in before ardent social commentators have a legit reason to start citing the chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If the headline were “rough sleepers” it could be taken seriously.

Otherwise it’s just a joke throwing more money at an already over entitled group of scroungers

_Brian wrote: »
    If the headline were “rough sleepers” it could be taken seriously.

Otherwise it’s just a joke throwing more money at an already over entitled group of scroungers

There has been free phone credit given out to people for many many years to help them get jobs.

TBF, rough sleepers just means there's no room. We can't use that as a 'legitimate' or not 'homeless tag, if we are going that route. Not our place to decide quite frankly.

Rather than vet who we, the public, deem are worthy or not how about the state, local too, get their act together? The policies are generally well meaning but poorly policed. It only takes one Margret Cash to give the 'foreva home' merchants enough material to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Give it a rest ffs.
    Can the poor f***ers not get a dig out without it turning to a, 'The genuine homeless, yeah but whatabout..."
    The genuine need to get a look in before ardent social commentators have a legit reason to start citing the chancers.

Why do you “hate the homeless”? And think that “they are scum”?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Why do you “hate the homeless”? And think that “they are scum”?

I can't help you out there. Are you reading out your own and replying to mine by mistake maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although it's not a lot, it's something. I'm all for it.

Advertisement